Other What if for Terraria's anniversary they added support to play older versions?

Does allowing people to play older versions of Terraria for the 10th anniversary sound good?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aren Starlight

Terrarian
Obviously if you are on these forums you probably have played, will play, or want to play Terraria. I started playing Terraria a long time ago by now on different consoles and PC and mobile and everything! I've gone through many versions of Terraria over the years and it would be so amazing to get to recreate those old experiences using a fully built-in way to go back to previous versions of the game. I know Steam has those versions saved somewhere and there are ways to go back, but I think it would be incredible if for Terraria's 10th anniversary they made a launcher or something for the game to roll back the game to whatever version you would like to play on. I don't mean for them to release unfinished versions of the game or anything, just the simple 1.0 and the updates after. It would be crazy for the 10th anniversary to just let everyone take a trip back in time to when it first came out and be able to compare things themselves. Watching ChippyGaming play the older versions was great and motivated me to try and find out how to play the old Terraria, and sadly I don't have a way that has been working for myself. I know others have gotten it working, but I would like a simple fully implemented way for everyone to go back together and relive those older days. I don't know if this is at all possible, I don't know how they would do it, but just putting my thoughts out there that it would be a nice idea if it is at all a possibility. I hope everyone can get behind an idea like this even if it isn't possible for the Dev team to implement such an idea. Even so, I have great respect for everyone involved in Terraria's making, it's one of the most fun games out there in my mind and I would love to experience literally everything it has to offer!

Hope everyone if having fun out there! Thanks for reading!

They should have done that ages ago
Yeah, but they did have a lot more things in mind during those times I bet seeing as they somewhat had more ideas for more updates. But knowing that 1.4 is the update to end all updates it seems, why not throw a bone to give fans of Terraria some old stuff to go with the new. I agree it would have been great to have a long time ago, but I mean for the 10th anniversary what else could be a better surprise!

Back
Top Bottom