What if there were a other boss after the Moon Lord

Kylehappy305

Terrarian
Heres what im saying what if the Moon Lord was not the final boss what if there was a worse enemie that the Moon Lord and if it is what would it be called?

If there was a Post-Moonlord boss, it would be called the Titan, because in Greek mythology, Titans are the original Gods and as such are much stronger than gods.

I have one:
Sun Lord:
What will happen?
The Sun Lord can ONLY be summoned when the world is post-moonlord, can be summoned at all times.
It's animation is (When daytime) that the sun looks like it's boiling, and at nighttime it will fast forward to 4:30 AM (Only if it is nighttime) and after 1 minute (Like Moon Lord) the sun comes closer and brings all 7 planets and Pluto which have to be all defeated in order to be able to kill the Sun Lord.

Keep in mind that when it is summoned, the time will stop and only go on after dying or defeating the boss.
How do they look like?
The sun has a mouth when using an attack, all the other planets just look like themselves and will summon projectiles at you but Pluto has an angry face when he is in his second stage referring to the fact that it degraded to a dwarf planet.
What do they do/have?
Starting from Mercury to Pluto (Skipping Earth), Mercury will have 3.000 health and Pluto 10.000 (Every killed planet will give the next one +1000 health more than the last killed planet and they all have 40 defense, 100 dmg and they shoot rocks at you that go through blocks) but Pluto gets 20.000 HP when the player gets Pluto to 0 health in his first stage, in his second stage it will become faster, more aggressive, gets 60 defense, his dmg lowers to 75 and does only do dmg on contact, does a Homing Dash (So just Duke Fishron but with a homing dash and faster)
After killing Pluto, Sun Lord will teleport, sees Pluto's ashes and gets angry (to give the player more time to regen) and has 50.000, 150 defense.
You can only damage his mouth if he opens them and if you defeat the wave of Plasma that protects the Sun and attacks to you (Some cover the mouth, some follow you and shoot 'Plasma' at you) and you get 5 seconds after killing all the Plasmas, giving you time to deal some dmg
His attacks are a Stream of Lava coming from himself,that does 60 dmg, which does NOT open his mouth.

Stars that appear around him that do 50 dmg, doesnt open the mouth too.
It only opens his mouth when he dashes at you (Doesn't home like Pluto)

So yea, that's that :)
Feel free to post suggestions :)

The issue with a post Moon Lord boss is cyclical - where do you possibly go from here in terms of boss attacks and rewards?

If you were to make a post Moon Lord boss, it either has to be balanced around Celestial gear and get basically curbstomped by equipment like SDMG and Last Prism, or it has to be balanced around that equipment and have even more health and damage to compensate for the sheer, unadulterated power that players have to their names at that point.

Additionally, what would the reward be? If an even more difficult boss is added, it either needs to drop sufficiently powerful items and gear as a reward, or it simply drops nothing but maybe a trophy to keep the gear from getting any wilder. If you opt for the former, you'll have a similar issue with Moon Lord as it is where people will say "there's nothing to use this new gear on!" and if you opt for the latter then you'll get numerous complaints that the boss doesn't feel rewarding enough to battle.

Another funny side effect of adding even more gear would be that you'll end up with similar discussions assuming there's new gear. Like, say we actually do get a boss named Sun Lord which you can battle after defeating the Moon Lord.. if it drops new gear, then people will be asking for a post Sun Lord boss instead.

If I had to make a suggestion for post Moon Lord content though, mine would just be to have Duke Fishron get stronger if you've cleared Pillars or Moon Lord beforehand in order to deal with the gear tier progression.. but even that isn't a very elegant solution as it removes an available option for players who are less adept at battling Duke Fishron to just overwhelm it with raw power, and I am against removing options in a game like Terraria.

We also have no idea what the 1.3.6 power curve is going to look like either, so that may change player opinions depending on what happens. I'm personally looking forward to it.

The issue with a post Moon Lord boss is cyclical - where do you possibly go from here in terms of boss attacks and rewards?

If you were to make a post Moon Lord boss, it either has to be balanced around Celestial gear and get basically curbstomped by equipment like SDMG and Last Prism, or it has to be balanced around that equipment and have even more health and damage to compensate for the sheer, unadulterated power that players have to their names at that point.

Additionally, what would the reward be? If an even more difficult boss is added, it either needs to drop sufficiently powerful items and gear as a reward, or it simply drops nothing but maybe a trophy to keep the gear from getting any wilder. If you opt for the former, you'll have a similar issue with Moon Lord as it is where people will say "there's nothing to use this new gear on!" and if you opt for the latter then you'll get numerous complaints that the boss doesn't feel rewarding enough to battle.

Another funny side effect of adding even more gear would be that you'll end up with similar discussions assuming there's new gear. Like, say we actually do get a boss named Sun Lord which you can battle after defeating the Moon Lord.. if it drops new gear, then people will be asking for a post Sun Lord boss instead.

If I had to make a suggestion for post Moon Lord content though, mine would just be to have Duke Fishron get stronger if you've cleared Pillars or Moon Lord beforehand in order to deal with the gear tier progression.. but even that isn't a very elegant solution as it removes an available option for players who are less adept at battling Duke Fishron to just overwhelm it with raw power, and I am against removing options in a game like Terraria.

We also have no idea what the 1.3.6 power curve is going to look like either, so that may change player opinions depending on what happens. I'm personally looking forward to it.

To be honest, I just wanted the original poster to put a leg on something, since they don't have anything and fyi, I'm okay without a post-ML, Terraria has enough content for me now, so eh

Back
Top Bottom