PC What is a good Plantera loadout?

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
So for this Plantera battle, I want to do it WITHOUT wasting 5 bulbs like I did last time. I am planning on using turtle armor with a mega shark loaded with either ichor, crystal or chlorophyte bullets.

So first I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to make sure that when I break the bulb Plantera will spawn left to me so I can go to my area which is on my right side?

2. Should I use ichor, crystal, or chlorophyte bullets? Ichor does the most damage and lowers defence, crystal bullets can do spreaded damage, and chlorophyte makes aimin easier through that 1-block-wide-hole that I'm using in my arena to prevent the seeds from hurting me.

3. How far do I need to get away from Plantera to despawn it? I want to make the length of my arena slightly shorter than it.

4. Why does RNG hate me with turtle shells?

So, maybe you don't need to answer that last one. The loadout I will use is turtle armor (or turtle with chlorophyte if I can't get enough shells) and a megashark loaded with 1 type of bullet, or a combination if that would work. My arena is going to be a typical teleporter arena.

If you are going to use a megashark than use chlorophyte armor with the helmet. Use crystal bullets if you can aim well but use chlorophyte bullets if you cant. Make sure you have a lot of bullets. If you can, get accessories with the Menacing prefix and an Unreal Megashark. Use accessories like the ranger emblem and avenger emblem to get better ranged damage.

If you use teleporters on each side of the arena, with a hole set up at each, it won't matter which side he spawns from. Just teleport to the other whenever it gets close. I don't think there's any way of causing Plantera to spawn left or right. If you're using Chlorophyte, best to clear out a couple rows of blocks up, so your Chlorophyte doesn't impact blocks and get wasted when Plantera travels up through blocks.

1. I don't know. I'm pretty sure the direction where Plantera comes from is random. Try going to your arena and waiting inside it. Cobalt Shield prevents knockback in case Plantera hits you on your way.

2. I'd go for a mix between Ichor and Crystal. You can make stacks of 25 ichor followed by 100 crystal inside your inventory to have them change after a while. 1 Block holes are always a thing with megasharks though.

3. Not sure. I think it's 5000 pixels or something.

4. RNG hates everyone. (sarcasm)Has to do with Karma. Question the life choices you made in your previous life if you can. (/sarcasm)

If I were to suggest something:
My layout for Plantera fights usually is Chlorophyte Melee Armour with a Death Sickle. I've never tried fighting her with the teleporter setup as the Death Sickle is powerful enough that you don't need an arena and not super hard to obtain (RNG only has to like you for a split second). I did however try a Ranged&Magic setup countless times and kept failing.

I personally like turtle armor, death sickle, fire gauntlet, and wings. I set up a little floating circle of blocks that I can use to strafe around plantera and make her run into my sickle, while her projectiles hit the floating island blob and not me.

Back
Top Bottom