What is one item that NPCs sell that you have never, ever bought?

mathbrush

Terrarian
NPCs sell a lot of weird things, and some of its is fun and useful and some is not. What's something that you have never, ever bought, barely ever looked at, almost forgot it existed?

I have never bought Sail from the pirate.

I must confess, I haven't ever bought nanites from the Cyborg. Confusion has always seemed like a useless debuff.

Wanting to research as much as possible in Journey Mode has made me buy everything, so I can't say there's anything I've never bought except maybe some of the Traveling Merchant's Christmas Paintings because of the limited time frame before 1.4.4.

Being a fan of vanity and building also makes me want pretty much every type of thing except ammo. (I'm too stingy to buy Ammo and forget about using better Ammo for Bosses, so I stuck to an Endless Quiver and Bottomless Musket Pouch even for the Moon Lord.) In hindsight, I probably should've looked at the Witch Doctor's Blow Gun for my Ranged playthrough. I didn't give it much thought because of Endless Quiver and Bottomless Musket Pouch making me feel like duplicating Arrows and Musket Balls not feel like cheating, but Stingers are 100 Darts each and extremely common.

Tools, anvil, torch, rope, etc. from the Merchant. They're common enough or easily crafted such that I don't need to buy them. Having said that, I understand why they're sold.

I don't think I've ever once bought anything from the Stylist. My character's helmet usually covers up the hair. That said, some of the dyes look cool.

Tools, anvil, torch, rope, etc. from the Merchant. They're common enough or easily crafted such that I don't need to buy them. Having said that, I understand why they're sold.
The anvil is useful since I've almost never found one by the time the merchant arrives and you don't want to waste your precious early game iron or lead on one.

Back
Top Bottom