1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard someone say?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nude_Cactus, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hie the Badger

Hie the Badger The Destroyer

"I only came in for bread!"

and you bought 200 dollars worth of absolutely random crap. Tell me more about your lack of self control. In fact it would have been better if you started a conversation about about plate tectonics instead of trying to start one with nonsense. After hearing "I only came for x" for the 9 quadrillionth time it just gets awkward.

TMB50 and Al do Rah like this.
  2. AntiHero

AntiHero Terrarian

"I'm not going to put this on the internet."
    "I thought you said you were 18!?"

3. XSlayer300

XSlayer300 Skeletron Prime

"no u"

4. Diretooth

Diretooth Steampunker

If 'no u' is the dumbest thing you've ever heard, you clearly haven't spent much time outside of activities meant for people thirteen and younger.

"It's not bad if they liked it." Referring to doing anything without another person's consent. It can be something as simple as tickling them to excess. Sure, they're laughing, but not willingly. Of course, this is a tame example, as others would be decidedly mature for this forum.

OptiPri, Myu, neoselket and 2 others like this.
  5. Al do Rah

Al do Rah Skeletron Prime

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard someone say?

Has no one pointed this out?

6. Scarlet Hunter

Scarlet Hunter Retinazer

Actually, "dumbest" is a real word, though there is some contention over it.

GawenStarTeller likes this.
  7. Creeper da Snek

Creeper da Snek Skeletron Prime

I've wanted to point it out, but haven't for fear of a warning.
    'dumb' means 'unable to speak', so the 'dumbest' thing anyone could ever say is complete silence.

8. Kazzymodus

Kazzymodus Lunatic Cultist

Dumb (as in mute) doesn't come with comparatives or superlatives, though. A person is either dumb, or they're not. There's no middle ground.

It's exactly the same principle as my post on the previous page.

9. Diretooth

Diretooth Steampunker

Dumb and dumbest is used by the general populace as a synonym, despite its definition being that of being speechless. However, this is all semantics that could be better discussed in a thread regarding it, rather than a thread about the everyday stupidities of people we encounter.

10. Cute Little Snek

Cute Little Snek Eater of Worlds

So When Something Leaves You Speechless, It Makes You Dumber?
    I Think That's The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard. (Go Figure I Said It Haha)

11. Dialga

Dialga Skeletron

Heres something someone said when I was at the local ice cream shop the other day: "ill take ur snacks"

PieOfCthulhu likes this.
  12. MrFlamingo

MrFlamingo Terrarian

They said to me Terraria is just a clone of minecraft

13. Explinorater

Explinorater Plantera

"Waffle House is gonna take over the world." - Some random cashier at Walmart.

14. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Eye of Cthulhu

Ok I said this one.

“Are you in art?” I asked that to someone IN MY BAND CLASS (if you don’t get it I’m in sixth grade and you can’t have 2 electives so me asking if someone was in art while they were in band is :red:ing stupid).

15. Cute Little Snek

Cute Little Snek Eater of Worlds

The Last Thing I Said. That's The Dumbest Thing I Ever Heard.

16. Crimsion_Mc_Black

Crimsion_Mc_Black Eye of Cthulhu

My brother, said this, several years ago.
    'I want to be a magi-CAN' not only was it dumb, but it was completely halirious
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 12, 2018 ---
    Also. One time I was correcting his math homework
    I'm right why are you correcting me?' Even though his math answer was completely off and obvious that he just guessed thinking that he will pull it off.
    He's better at this now, but back then........ ugh:sigh:

17. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Eye of Cthulhu

I hava a new one! @Crimsion_Mc_Black: "Not only was it dumb, but it was completely halirious."
    It's spelled hilarious, BTW.

18. Explinorater

Explinorater Plantera

Sure, it's a typo. But does that really warrant the title of "dumbest thing you've ever heard"?

tappaja100 and OptiPri like this.
  19. AlexanderJackob

AlexanderJackob Terrarian

"IF you have a mic. then kill mike with a mic"

??? WHY WOULD MY BROTHER SAY THIS

20. Diretooth

Diretooth Steampunker

Personally, I think any time someone is so aggressive in correcting someone's spelling and grammar tends to be the dumbest thing I've heard or read, simply by virtue of it being an extremely petty thing to be aggressive about.

Overheard: "If they don't confirm my OTP, I will literally kill someone."

GawenStarTeller likes this.