What is the hardest game you have played or seen someone play

I agree with the people saying geometry dash. The player created levels are beyond insane and I don't get how people have the patience to complete those. Dark souls seems like a tutorial game compared to g-dash. Imho sekiro was harder to get used to than any of the souls games but it felt so satisfying to finally become really good at deflections in that game.

Edit: Also I should mention as I've been doing hardcore master mode recently in Terraria (inspired by watching Badger), that is quite possibly one of the hardest challenges in a game I've done as well but I love it.

I agree with the people saying geometry dash. The player created levels are beyond insane and I don't get how people have the patience to complete those. Dark souls seems like a tutorial game compared to g-dash. Imho sekiro was harder to get used to than any of the souls games but it felt so satisfying to finally become really good at deflections in that game.

Edit: Also I should mention as I've been doing hardcore master mode recently in Terraria (inspired by watching Badger), that is quite possibly one of the hardest challenges in a game I've done as well but I love it.
Agreed

IMO Dark Souls III is harder than GD because it is 3D, and you don't see everything at once.
But standard GD levels (including Deadlocked) are fairly easier than Dark Souls III.
I know that player's made insanity like Tartarus is hard, but it is still a player's made and I don't think we should talk about it.

Dead thread?

Anyway, I picked up Celeste not long ago and it is *by far* the hardest game I’ve ever played. Some of the precision this game demands from you is absolutely insane, and sometimes you have to pull off said super precise moves in long chains without a break. Some of the levels known as C sides are basically a minute straight of hard platforming with zero breaks.

And you have to know the game’s physics extremely well and know how to pull off the tech, some of which is *really* strict. For example, there’s this this long jump the game teaches you toward the end that requires you to dash into the ground and then jump off at just the right time, and you have like three frames of leeway to pull it off.

I’m currently working through Farewell, which is the game’s final level and a several hour long amalgamation of bull:red: room after bull:red: room, and when I finally beat it I can easily say it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in a video game.

Dead thread?

Anyway, I picked up Celeste not long ago and it is *by far* the hardest game I’ve ever played. Some of the precision this game demands from you is absolutely insane, and sometimes you have to pull off said super precise moves in long chains without a break. Some of the levels known as C sides are basically a minute straight of hard platforming with zero breaks.

And you have to know the game’s physics extremely well and know how to pull off the tech, some of which is *really* strict. For example, there’s this this long jump the game teaches you toward the end that requires you to dash into the ground and then jump off at just the right time, and you have like three frames of leeway to pull it off.

I’m currently working through Farewell, which is the game’s final level and a several hour long amalgamation of bull:red: room after bull:red: room, and when I finally beat it I can easily say it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in a video game.
Pretty dead hopefully you revived it

Dead thread?

Wavedash is not that hard, but I absolutely hated the part in farewell where there are 4 different types of rhythm blocks.

Wavedash is not that hard, but I absolutely hated the part in farewell where there are 4 different types of rhythm blocks.

I got past that part yesterday, huge pain in the :red:. Some of the timing where you had to jump through the blocks as they appeared was borderline cheap.

Any Celeste fans in the room? Try a b-side, and your hopes will be crushed. Or a C-Side, Short level, super long to recover from the emotional wounds. Even the main game is moderate to difficult. Even though it’s not the most reliable and agreeable source, WatchMojo ranked it the fourth hardest game of all time.

Any Celeste fans in the room? Try a b-side, and your hopes will be crushed. Or a C-Side, Short level, super long to recover from the emotional wounds. Even the main game is moderate to difficult. Even though it’s not the most reliable and agreeable source, WatchMojo ranked it the fourth hardest game of all time.

Yeah, we were just talking about that. I’m working my way through Farewell and this thing is not only a hell of a lot longer but also consistently harder than Hollow Knight’s Path of Pain.

Didn't find B-Sides that difficult, but C-Side summit and core took over an hour to complete their last sections.
It's the gold strawberry's that are the challenge in the main game though, don't get me started on the bonus level either, a constant stream of rooms ranging from B-Side to beyond even C-Side level difficulty.

Didn't find B-Sides that difficult, but C-Side summit and core took over an hour to complete their last sections.
It's the gold strawberry's that are the challenge in the main game though, don't get me started on the bonus level either, a constant stream of rooms ranging from B-Side to beyond even C-Side level difficulty.
The second to last level on the Summit B-side (the one before the flag) was absolutely devastating. Took me like a day and a half.

The second to last level on the Summit B-side (the one before the flag) was absolutely devastating. Took me like a day and a half.
A lot of longer challenges on that level which is why it's one of my favourites (beside the music), but I guess this proves some player find difficulty in certain things, I find doing any dash besides normal awful to pull off which is why I had so much trouble with farewell.

A lot of longer challenges on that level which is why it's one of my favourites (beside the music), but I guess this proves some player find difficulty in certain things, I find doing any dash besides normal awful to pull off which is why I had so much trouble with farewell.
Yeah I could definitely see that

A-Side core was my favorite level in the game. Not much story, but all the platforming mechanics felt really good.

Back
Top Bottom