What is the most annoying bug you have ever encoutered?

GreenAether

Skeletron Prime
I thought of this while thinking about a bug I reported recently and figured it will be a fun topic so let's begin.

I'd have to say the lost items bug (s) on mobile.
Items tend to disappear completely, never to be seen again.
Offten when you are just dragging it to the chest tab or to the equipment tab.
I lost 3 pieces of shroomite the other day because I didn't realize they weren't being equipped till I closed the window.

P.s. this is not the bug I was thinking about that gave me the idea for this topic.

Last edited:
For a short while, I had one that caused the game to simply shut down after about 5 minutes of playtime.

I thought of this while thinking about a bug I reported recently and figured it will be a fun topic so let's begin.

I'd have to say the lost items bug (s) on mobile.
Items tend to disappear completely, never to be seen again.
Offten when you are just dragging it to the chest tab or to the equipment tab.
I lost 3 pieces of shroomite the other day because I didn't realize they weren't being equipped till I closed the window.

P.s. this is not the bug I was thinking about that gave me the idea for this topic.
I have the same issue on my 3ds version

THE WORST BUG: My entire world gone
In the Join World option, it had no name and the game crashes when I join it
Luckily I had recently backed it up, and then I tEdit-ed everything back to normal

Anything relating to cloud saving. Lost a world that way, found an older copy on a flash drive, tried to save it to cloud, gone when I went back in.

Eater of Worlds, expert boss wouldnt drop the bag no matter how many times we killed him. Rip worm scarf :(

Oh goodie! Where to start? (Note: I speak for console editions here)

How about that one bug that doesn't automatically place torches on the block if there's a wall behind it?

Or the fact that the specter mask doesn't work properly?

The inferior blizzard staff; slower projectiles, as in very slow projectiles?

Oh I know! What about the many splitscreen issues: the poor framerate, the broken particles etc.

I think these bugs are responsible for my slow loss of sanity...

MY ENTIRE WORLD WAS GONE. UNDERWORLD? GONE. HALLOWS? GONE. DUNGEON? GONE. I LITERALLY HAD NO GROUND AND I JUST FELL ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE WORLD AND BEFORE THAT MY GAME KEPT FREEZING WHEN I TRIED TO GO TO THE DUNGEON PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE ON HOW TO FIX THIS ILL POST PICTURES

Well, all of the annoying bugs I've encountered were modded...
I guess a pretty annoying one was when items would spontaneously disappear as you were using them in multiplayer, it was only ever our best weapons too...
Again, that was modded though.

The entire Mobile Version is just one big bug :dryadrolleyes:
As for me on the PC version the most annoying bug is that sometimes the game stutters for a second when changing backgrounds.

WHEN THE GAME JUST FREEZES FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON EVEN THOUGH AUTOSAVE AND CLOUD SAVING ARE OFF AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET CONNECTION AT ALL

(but it can be just mods)

A multiplayer expert game where the first time we managed to defeat the Moon Lord, his bags appeared and then despawned instantly.

As I was there with Laluzi as well, I'm definitely on-board with Treasure Bags disappearing. It happens rarely, but when it does, well, having put so much effort in defeating a boss, having nothing to show for it and basically being forced to defeat him again with your current tier items - that's quite a downer.

Another one that also happens in multiplayer, and, in my experience, too frequently, is the Old Man's Army event not starting properly, leading to endless waves of goblins and no wave progression, forcing me to restart the server.

Im now on console and currently my least favorite is my worlds taking varying times to load each time i start it.
Also i cant seem to use wormhole potions on my friends worlds and my map resets each time i join but i think i just got the hotfix update so maybe they are fixed.

Back
Top Bottom