Resolved What is the (presumably) light source used here?

Phoque

Steampunker
For a few frames in this video
at around 0:28 what I presume is a light source is placed to create a mist effect for the waterfall. I've been scouring the wiki as im making a flooded cavern area for my cavern pylon and I would LOVE this effect.
what is this 1.png
what is this 2.png
this is the best quality I could get of the points in the video where its visible. I've been scouring the gamepedia site for a while and cantseem to find exactly what it is? please help ty! <3

That’s a Fog Machine. You can buy them from the party girl at nighttime for 4 gold.
BLESS YOUR SOULLLL I guess I've never talked to her at night! I just got into building due to my friends first playthrough and we are doing co-op so I've never seen alot of these items as I typically just fight bosses and build towers haha

BLESS YOUR SOULLLL I guess I've never talked to her at night! I just got into building due to my friends first playthrough and we are doing co-op so I've never seen alot of these items as I typically just fight bosses and build towers haha
I’m glad to hear I could help! :)
I recommend checking NPCs often and at different times of day. You never know what new wares can show up!
A little secret: if you talk to an NPC in a graveyard biome... it might sell incredibly powerful new wares you can’t obtain any other way. Like corruption seeds in a crimson world (and vice versa)... blocks which require special goggles to see... and even a special kind of paint which can cause any block to appear as if a bright light is being shown on it, even if it’s supposed to be in complete darkness.

That’s a Fog Machine. You can buy them from the party girl at nighttime for 4 gold.

I’m glad to hear I could help! :)
I recommend checking NPCs often and at different times of day. You never know what new wares can show up!
A little secret: if you talk to an NPC in a graveyard biome... it might sell incredibly powerful new wares you can’t obtain any other way. Like corruption seeds in a crimson world (and vice versa)... blocks which require special goggles to see... and even a special kind of paint which can cause any block to appear as if a bright light is being shown on it, even if it’s supposed to be in complete darkness.
Oh shoot! I already knew about echo blocks and the specials walls/accent slabs from the graveyard but I had no clue painter also sold a special paint thats very good to know! I love how 500+ hours in and I'm still discovering things for the first time lol. Since I'm here might as well ask what do you think would be some good blocks to use in a caverns house? Just looking for ideas here since I'm not liking dynasty shingles since I always end up going for a full Edo style house haha. ends up making it look more like a hot springs than a cave

Back
Top Bottom