PC What is the weakest class in your opinion, as of the release of 1.4?

Hmm. since I don't wna to say what class is weak due to me probably getting a lot of evidence that it is not
I'll just sya each classes low points imo
Summoner:start of the game
Mage:pre-plantera but post-mech
Melee: Post wof pre mech
Ranger:post eye.
I think that mages are pretty powerful post-mech, because they have the Rainbow Rod and the Magical Harp available, and the early Hardmode mage weapons are still decent at this point. I'd say start of the game for mage too.

I think that the weakest class changes throughout the game:
Pre-boss: Summoner (the weapons are either hard/tedious to get or not guaranteed
Pre-Wall of Flesh: Melee (Melee suffers with the Wall)
Early Hardmode: Melee (Very few good options)
Post-Plantera: Ranger (Very little new choices)
Pre-Moon Lord: Mage (Nebula Blaze isn't very good in my opinion and Nebula Arcanum requires a lot of projectiles to be deployed before it becomes useful and the projectiles are slow)

Hmm. since I don't wna to say what class is weak due to me probably getting a lot of evidence that it is not
I'll just sya each classes low points imo
Summoner:start of the game
Mage:pre-plantera but post-mech
Melee: Post wof pre mech
Ranger:post eye.
lol the phm ore bows are so weak lol (hellwing bow is really op )

I think that the weakest class changes throughout the game:
Pre-boss: Summoner (the weapons are either hard/tedious to get or not guaranteed
Thhe flinx staff is really easy to get and it is literally the best summon for most situations in pre hardmode.

Post-Plantera: Ranger (Very little new choices)
Tact shotgun, sniper rifle, stake launcher, candy corn rifle, styger, snoman cannon, xenopopper, electrosphere launcher, the op tsunami, eventide, and aerial bane

Tact shotgun, sniper rifle, stake launcher, candy corn rifle, styger, snoman cannon, xenopopper, electrosphere launcher, the op tsunami, eventide, and aerial bane

Personally, Ranged does fall off immediately after plantera slightly - not by principle of having weak weapons, but because the the things that any other class can get are so strong.

Melee is running Terra Blade combined with either the absurd crowd control or absurd surviveability of the chest weapons. Mage gets spectre armor, with the hood being one of the best armor sets in the game as well as some **very** strong weapons from the Dungeon. Summon gets its long deserved whip and accessory upgrades as well as either Desert Tiger or Ravens.

Compared to all of this, Ranged gets pretty decent weapons and a pretty decent armor set but none of those are on par with the stuff available immediately after Plantera for the other classes. And it does catch back up easily after Empress or Duke, but I’d say those are a bit further down the line than just immediate post-Plantera.

The answer from most people will always be summoner, and it’s very difficult to convince people otherwise, but I disagree.

For a pretty large fraction of the game, the DPS of a summoner outpreforms any other class. A Spinal Tap, Obsidian Armor and Vampire Frogs for the Wall - or Hallowed Armor, a Sanguine Staff and a Durendal for Plantera are some of the strongest builds you can get at their stage of the game.

Early game, Flinxes are very powerful, and the combined DPS of them and a whip is pretty high for beginner game. Then Obsidian Armor - even after its nerf, allows Summoner to work on par with other classes for Bee and Skeletron and actually do better for the Wall of Flesh than any other class thanks to the Spinal Tap. This trend continues the entire game, with Summoners having options that compete well with or outpreform other class options: Blade, Sanguine, Desert Tiger (after its buff, it can kill expert Empress in under a minute with the right build!!), Raven, Xeno, Stardust Dragon, Terraprisma.

This is balanced by being squishy. You are with low defense (which doesn’t matter that much actually, defense is usually not that much of a difference unless you stack up a ton of it) and are forced to be next to the enemy. But for putting yourself in such high risk, you are rewarded with phenominal DPS that other classes can’t even begin to compete with.

If anyone doesn’t believe me, try it. I used to be part of the summoner bad circlejerk until I actually did a run with the class and found my preformance to be impressive for the majority of the game.

As for which class is the worst, that’s melee in my opinion. Melee struggles for much of the game, lacking good options for core bosses such as the Eye or Brain of Cthulhu, (especially) the Wall of Flesh, or Plantera. Until post-Plantera, most of the weapons can’t even compete with those of other classes, and only a few weapons (ex. Shadowflame Knives) are even worth using for bosses. Melee makes a 180 turn immediately after plantera, but it’s so weak for so much of the game that I can’t call it strong.

and don’t you dare say anything about zenith - zenith is a final, endgame weapon and its existance changes nothing about melee’s preformance for the majority of the game.
Wait wait wait it says 1.4 but flinx staff is 1.4.1

As of now, I'd say melee, especially in pre hardmode and early hardmode. Even pure summoner might be more useful with the addition of whips and more prehardmode armour

Ranged is the worst in my opinion because because spend thousands of resources on ammo and personally, I have more important things to do than gather. Along with that it is quite a struggle to make sure you have the right bullet/arrow for the job in the heat of combat and worms are a pain. I would like to mention that the classes are well balanced and I am only listing the cons of the class that in my opinion is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom