PC What is wrong with my game!?!?!?! this is URGENT, cannot get past the main menu

squadking909

Terrarian
this is my error, please answer this,
1/21/2023 6:38:56 PM
System.IO.IOException: The cloud file provider is not running.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
at Terraria.Utilities.FileUtilities.Copy(String source, String destination, Boolean cloud, Boolean overwrite)
at Terraria.Player.GetFileData(String file, Boolean cloudSave)
at Terraria.Main.LoadPlayers()
at Terraria.GameContent.UI.States.UICharacterSelect.OnActivate()
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Activate()
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.SetState(UIState state)
at Terraria.Main.OpenCharacterSelectUI()
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.RunGame()

iirc, from the post I responded to a week ago, my search result for this turned up this suggestion:

"uninstall, delete all terraria from the computer, delete all terraria from your one drive, only use one drive via web access and not installed folders on your PC if you must use it, and reinstall terraria".

Cloud provider not running can be a result of steam cloud or OneDrive, you have stated you don't have it but if you're on windows PC you would have OneDrive. For steam cloud go to top left corner of steam settings > cloud > and uncheck the box 'enable steam cloud synch' for OneDrive you'll have to first sign into one drive if it's not installed then you shouldn't have to worry bout it. Also I would sign into your Microsoft account/create one as that would cause other issues and could likely be related to this one.

Cloud provider not running can be a result of steam cloud or OneDrive, you have stated you don't have it but if you're on windows PC you would have OneDrive. For steam cloud go to top left corner of steam settings > cloud > and uncheck the box 'enable steam cloud synch' for OneDrive you'll have to first sign into one drive if it's not installed then you shouldn't have to worry bout it. Also I would sign into your Microsoft account/create one as that would cause other issues and could likely be related to this one.
I have one drive, but i cannot access it as i don't have a microsoft account/cannot create one because i am too poor to purchase a phone (microsoft accounts require phone verification)

hello! did you fix this problem? I have something like this and can't find how to fix..
1. Disable Steam Cloud: Alt click Terraria and go to Properties then in the general tab uncheck the box "Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud for Terraria"
2. if you do not have a Microsoft account you would need to create one. To the bottom right of your taskbar you will see a cloud icon, click that and go to OneDrive settings, accounts, choose folders. There you should deselect your Documents folder, if you cannot deselect it go 1 more in and deselect the My Games folder.

i am getting the same error, i have tried everything u have said and it didnt fix it
I have updated my fix copypaste:

Solution: Main solution would be to turn off Steam Cloud or OneDrive
1. Disable Steam Cloud: Alt click Terraria and go to Properties then in the general tab uncheck the box "Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud for Terraria"
2. if you do not have a Microsoft account you would need to create one. To the bottom right of your taskbar you will see a cloud icon, click that and go to OneDrive settings, accounts, choose folders. There you should deselect your Documents folder, if you cannot deselect it go 1 more in and deselect the My Games folder. If you do not see it in your taskbar you can find it in your Start menu, simply click the windows icon on the left of your taskbar and look for OneDrive open it up, it’ll open a folder just right click an empty space and click “settings” should be able to find accounts then choose folder from there.

If your error does not involve steam cloud or onedrive check if there's any other cloud storage apps installed

delete your config file and install a new one.

I've attached 1 in case u need it.

Attachments

• config.json
    6 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom