What is your building style?

I usually build simple and minimal, but with a little bit of style sometimes. Original housing is built into a natural surface tunnel, with an Obsidian Brick storage house nearby. Fly up and you'll find the upper housing on a grassy 1 block thick path. The guide's and dryad's houses are a bit larger than most, Guidey's being Obsidian brick with a reddish hell theme instead of the purple, while the Dryad's is Living Wood and Leaves for a nature theme, each on opposing sides of a bonfire I made with Living Flame blocks. The Pirate has a unique pirate-ship-like house on the Dryad's side with a sail and lots of gold furniture. Dye Trader bunks with him.

Infinitely expanding wood boxes with dirt walls that evolve into an abstract form of communism, supplemented by a seemingly infinite amount of platforms.

Anything larger than a small shack is a little beyond my scope, but I never really sat down and decided to make something that "looked nice."

Usually I'll find an abandoned mineshaft, start building off of that and it eventually turns into a fallout style vault. If I'm not doing that I'm just make inanely large towers with npcs in them.:bslime:

I really don't have a screenshot since most of my worlds have been deleted to save storage space.

But just imagine castles and towers made of stone bricks and voila.

I either try to make buildings that fit into the terrain or just make fancy boxes. I usually use different types of wood and bricks, and lots of paint at times.

I pile trash on top of itself, then I set it on fire; thus creating what I deem worthy to recieve the sobriquet of 'home', otherwise known as a shelter where I reside in normally.

no but i usually just build a shell of a house, then i make sure that its not just a square. after that i add a layer of usually gray stone bricks outside. i like chimneys and glass. heyeueuegeheueheue

a 1 room base and and from there sprouting up from random directions to achieve maximum amounts of defying gravity.

I used to just make glorified boxes, though now I've upgraded to two styles - vaguely medieval looking multi-story houses, and houses built almost entirely out of background walls, with the NPC living in what looks like the front of a building. I like having all my NPCs live in a village rather than one giant complex.

I have a penchant for using the brightest and fanciest blocks and furniture, though, when I feel I can get away with it. And it's pretty clear to see how my style has evolved over time.

Tsd26qM.jpg

tZy6cry.jpg

BVSevpL.jpg

lvL5gS9.jpg

I have leveled up out of the wooden box phase! BEHOLD.

20171114101727_1.jpg

Okay, it's still a wooden box...but it's not ONLY a wooden box!

Here's the (mostly) finished product!

20171205145619_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom