What is your class and why did you choose it?

I don't have a particular class that I always play, I switch classes after every playthrough, but if I had to always only play one class, I'd definitely go summoner. While being a summoner is dangerous because you've got low defense and have to get near enemies to hit them with whips, summoners tend to have the highest DPS out of all classes, by a big margin at some points in the game.

In general I'll choose Summoner more often than the other classes, and my ranking for the rest would be Mage, then Melee, then Ranged. Summoner is just a fun class for me and it's also just important to me personally because of how important it was in my first multiplayer run, and my first multiplayer run with mods which is still going.

In my first 1.4 world, I started as melee because I wanted the Zenith, but then melee was too hard for me in pre-hardmode, so I switched to ranger. After defeating Moon Lord, I became melee again because I was able to get the Zenith. Spent a whole lot of platinum on getting that to legendary. On my expert world, made after defeating the Moon Lord, I am melee, except for when I was fighting Wall of Flesh, where I used beenades. WoF + melee = tough time!

My first and currently only play through was melee, simply because I thought it would be the easiest. It was mostly easy, the only problem was destroyer for me (I beat wall of flesh with a legendary murumasa, no I’m not sure how I did it either.)

My first and currently only play through was melee, simply because I thought it would be the easiest. It was mostly easy, the only problem was destroyer for me (I beat wall of flesh with a legendary murumasa, no I’m not sure how I did it either.)
If you're on Classic difficulty melee is actually the best class due to how much more effective defense is in that mode.

Mage. I was actually quite hooked onto summoner for a while, but then 1.4(.1) came along.

What is there really to say about mage that hasn't been said? You get amazing useful spells which you can cast from safe distances. Mana, while being a limitation, isn't a "finite" source like ranger ammo - rest for a few moments, and it will regenerate without the need for any potions (and of course, if you use potions it will replenish even better). And one of the many things I can definitely praise this class for is how weapon variety is handled - not only do almost all weapons feel different and unique (with maybe the exception of the first few gem staves, but those can be forgiven since simple weapons are needed too), but you also have the choice of which arsenal you want to use - whilst you can spam a single weapon for most fights, the game also tries to encourage the use of multiple weapons through utilities such as clinger staff and rainbow gun, and by making different weapons serve different purposes (for example, nebula arcanum absolutely dominates in arenas and invasions, but the nebula blaze is more reliable when high speed aerial battles are in action). Compare this to something like ranger, where daedalus memebow or onyx blaster can pretty much carry you until golem, or summoner where sanguine and blade staff nullify the existence of any other pre-plantera (and even a few post-plantera) summons.

I haven't really said much about melee... That is because I just generally dislike being up close and personal in combat.

i have always been a mage class. choose this class becuase despite being insanely mainstream, the mage was the hardest class to play as before summoner got fixed. and I liked the idea of training at a disadvantage so one day I could pop a melee or ranger build and destroy everything in my way. alas I was hooked and after I while I kind of got used to using mage weapons, having to dodge with limited mobility, attack with weaker weapons, and exploit my advantages beyonfd what was fair. i became a stat rat. a true terrraria nerd and joined 90 percent of terraria players in the mage box.

I tend to mix Summoner and Mage, but my current playthrough is a mix of each class (except summoner because i don't have a summon weapon yet-)
as for why.. dunno. magic is cool I guess?

I've played all the classes at one point but Melee is my favourite by a mile, so it's my go-to class, though I sometimes play Summoner too. I've said why Melee is my favourite in other threads, so I'd just be repeating the same list of points; it's essentially a low-maintenance class with little to no resource management, and it has great survivability to boot.

Back
Top Bottom