What is your favorite basic tool?

Which of the three main tools is your favorite?

• Pickaxes

• Axes

• Hammers

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoquePlayz

Terrarian
Hello! What is your favorite "basic" tool in Terraria (Pickaxes, Axes, & Hammers)? They are all used for completely different purposes, and it can be hard to choose. My personal favorite: Axes. And what's yours? Vote in the poll! (If your favorite tool is a hybrid tool, like a hamaxe, you can make two votes. Also, mechanical tools like drills are counted as their normal counterparts.)

I like hammers, as they are good for sloping and removing walls you've accidentally placed. My least favorite has to be axes as they end up being a noob trap and there is literally no point in using them beyond the first 30 minutes of the game.

Pickaxes or drills (and pickaxes are better because they can shove an enemy while digging). Always 1 in the hotbar. Even if you had an infinite stack of sticky bombs in your hotbar, you still would a pickaxe on it for fine tuning especially on bases.

Axes are lame. Word-for-word, all they do is chop trees. Also cacti but with those it's arguably even easier to just dig the sand below them then place it back. People WANT to get specifically a hamaxe so you don't need to carry an axe in the inventory anymore, you'll see other upgrades but not even get them because they aren't hamaxes too.
They could probably make all non-initial axes/hammers natural hamaxes without losing anything because you're only gonna chop trees on open air anyway.

Pickaxes or drills (and pickaxes are better because they can shove an enemy while digging). Always 1 in the hotbar. Even if you had an infinite stack of sticky bombs in your hotbar, you still would a pickaxe on it for fine tuning especially on bases.

Axes are lame. Word-for-word, all they do is chop trees. Also cacti but with those it's arguably even easier to just dig the sand below them then place it back. People WANT to get specifically a hamaxe so you don't need to carry an axe in the inventory anymore, you'll see other upgrades but not even get them because they aren't hamaxes too.
They could probably make all non-initial axes/hammers natural hamaxes without losing anything because you're only gonna chop trees on open air anyway.
I never have a pickaxe on my hotbar, because I can just hold shift to use it from anywhere in my inventory ;)

Back
Top Bottom