What is your favorite book?

9780547928227_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg
Including the rest of the LotR series, my absolute favorite.

The Magic of The Reality. It's not a fiction. My sister gave me when I was a little younger and this book was very important to me, it solidified my personality, my opinions etc.

My favourite book is "White doors" , it's a great book , it shows the downfall of a young man , after he loses his uncle , who was his best friend and his only moral support (His parents don't give a :red: pretty much).

My taste in literature is very narrow, I'm ashamed to admit. All I read is fantasy and a bit of sci-fi, though the latter is entirely restricted to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

When I was a teenager Harry Potter was my favourite book series, if only by virtue of the fact that it was about the only thing I'd ever read of my own volition. :D Even though I found out at a later age that Rowling borrowed rather extensively from other authors, at times teetering on the verge of plagiarism (you didn't happen to be reading Jill Murphy's The Worst Witch on that infamous inspiring train ride, did you, J.K.?), the series still has a place in my heart, warranted by sheer nostalgia. That, and the fact that her writing is genuinely witty.

Nowadays it's Terry Pratchett's Discworld series that has invaded a lot of my empty shelf space. It's a never ending stream of satire of 20th/21st century society, dressed as a fantasy novel. It's also surprisingly layered and contains many subtle references to pop culture as well as literary classics. The genius of his writing is that the story can still perfectly stand upright as a self contained whole even if the reader fails to cotton on to the fact that a particular scene is actually a parody of a piece of plot from some other famous work.

Too many good books. @_@

I really enjoyed some of Paul Zindleman's work(The Pigman and some of his horror stories.) as well as some of Douglas' Adam's(Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.).
Coraline was pretty awesome, as well as the the small Interstellar Pig series by William Sleator.

I am bit of scifi and horror nut when it comes to lititure for the most part.. :p

As a HUGE Tolkien nerd, I have a really hard time choosing between The Hobbit and The Silmarillion. I think my brain likes the latter better while my heart prefers the former (which is the first novel I remember reading and I have read it probably six times since then).

It's unfortunate how little time I feel like I have to read novels in college with all the textbook reading I do...

My favorite book is "The Hobbit."
I never really cared for any other books by Tolkien. They never really stuck with me the way that one did.
I really enjoy Calvin and Hobbes as well, but I don't know if you'd call that a book.

I'm hoping some of you have heard of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, it's a quadrilogy that contains the books Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance. It's honestly one of the best series of books I've read.
I've also read through The Hunger Games series, and am currently making headway through the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

I'm hoping some of you have heard of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini, it's a quadrilogy that contains the books Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr and Inheritance. It's honestly one of the best series of books I've read.
I've also read through The Hunger Games series, and am currently making headway through the A Song of Ice and Fire series.
Still my favourite series!

I just read I Am Number Four recently, it was pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot. I read it over 4 days because I read slow, and I could barely put it down.
I also read Unwind. That book had a really dark concept, but honestly it has to be the best book I've read this year.

I'm currently reading The Maze Runner, but I saw the movie first D:

I've read Lord of the Rings three times so I guess... But I don't read fiction anymore, beat me with a stick but I believe films and games have taken fictional storytelling to greater heights than the printed word.

I do still read all the time though, just non-fiction or historical pieces. I'm almost at the end of The Death of King Arthur, a retelling of the Arthurian legends by Peter Ackroyd. Can't get enough of obnoxious knight-errants doing their chivalrous thangs.

one book series I finished reading was the Across the Universe series. the books did things that I've never seen done in a book before, and it's a breath of fresh air in this world of post apocalyptic America novels (although the first book has the :red:ed up Season...eww)

Back
Top Bottom