What is your favorite book?

I don't know, there are a lot of good ones... Charlotte's Web, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Call of the Wild, White Fang, The Trumpet and the Swan, The Peter and the Starcatchers series...

Hunger Games is definitely not on there though.

Charlotte's Web and Island of the Blue Dolphins are good classics. I was in Middle School when I read both of those.

I'm going to be different, and say:
the how to train your dragon series.
Yep, I just love it. idk why. It's just an amazing series.
Don't question me.

I like to many, here is a few:
The Warrior series by Erin Hunter
The Gatekeeper series by Anthony Horowitz
The Pendragon series
one book series that i can't remember, but it has these clay dragons made with this special snow/ice and all the real dragons died and their names starts with a G.

I can't really decide my favorite, but a really good one I've read is called the Wings of Fire series. The story is pretty much "In the slightly magical land of Pyrrhia, dragons are the dominant species, as scavengers AKA humans hide in the shadows. Dragons are in a period similar to the Middle Ages, and there are seven "tribes" that rule the land. Mudwings, Sandwings, Rainwings, Seawings, Nightwings, Icewings, and Skywings. One night, Oasis, Queen of the Sandwings, hears rustling in her castle and goes to inspect, only to find her treasure room empty! She goes outside to see three humans that miraculously kill Oasis and steals all her gold and jewels. Afterwards, her three daughters find her dead mother and immediately launch into a feud for who gets the throne. The whole thing is blown out of proportions, and soon all the tribes (except the Nightwings) are allied on one of the three sister's sides and war breaks out. One Nightwing, Morrowseer gets a prophecy that pretty much says, "in twenty years, five kids who were born on the brightest night (when all three moons are full) are going to stop the war. Two of the Sandwing Sisters die, while the third gets to be queen." Now, Tsunami, Glory, Clay, Starflight, and Sunny must escape the cave which they have hidden and lived in their entire lives, meet their families, save the world, and discover the bloody and horrifying secrets that this world has to offer." I seriously recommend this series, especially if you like the Warriors series. It's in the same group of "probably for kids, but it's so gory that it's debatable." Right now there are six books out.

Another FanWing! I literally came here to say Wings of Fire, but you explained it pretty well :p

My all time favourite would have to be the Silverwing Series by Kenneth Oppel. Although, Divergent's advancing through my ranks pretty quickly.

I love that serIes! My favorite is Darkwing because dinosaurs.
Darkwing has got to be the most awesome one. I kind didn't like it because of the fact it wasn't really connected to the rest of the series, but the writing and the plot just blew me away. I really hope Ken releases a sequel too, because there were way too many cliffhangers.

My favorites from the Dresden Files are "Small Favor" and "Dead Beat", I just finished Turn Coat and i'll probably be getting the new few books sooner but I love the series.

I enjoyed the Harry Potter series in particular, since they are one of the 1st Series of books that I've read when I was younger (and Re-Read a little). And it felt like I was growing up along with the characters as well since I was probably 8 or 9 years old when the 1st few Harry Potter books came out.

Chamber of Secrets is my favorite individual book among the whole Harry Potter series.

From what I've read more recently I'd have to say the Shadowdance Series and The Demon Cycle are some of my new favorite series with A Dance of Shadows (Shadowdance) and The Desert Spear (Demon Cycle) being my favorite books among those series.

I can't believe nobody in this thread mentioned Watership Down by Richard Adams.

It's an awesome, epic low-fantasy survival story that is filled with ridiculous but believable luck and circumstances, and the characters in the story have huge crutches (because of the fact they are rabbits that are very close to real-life rabbits, although the author took liberties like giving them a language and the ability to talk).

It's pretty much THE standard reading material to understand the concept of xenofiction, and the author absolutely loves foreshadowing as he littered it all through the book, making it an awesome book to read twice, back-to-back and on your 2nd time through the book, your mind is blown at how much stuff he foreshadowed that you never saw coming, even though it is there plain-as-day.

The Count of Monte Cristo. It's amazing what just one man can accomplish when motivated by revenge and a vast fortune that just falls into his lap.

2 words. Harry. Potter. (Ok, maybe a few more.) Mortal engines series, and just because i'm immature, captain underpants.

Mistborn. I don't read fantasy often, mostly I go for sci-fi but a librarian suggested it because he didn't know as much about sci-fi and it was a pleasant surprise! Also the author Brandon Sanderson was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom