Console What is your favorite class? (Four main classes)

What is your favorite class?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Classes aren't in Terraria. I'm fairly certain this belongs in Other Games, with an explanation of whatever game you're talking about.

Not to the literal, no, but there are, to an extent, different classes in the game, let's call them "play styles" instead. There's four dominant armor classes for these play styles (Melee and def buff armor, range and ammo buff armor, magic and mana buff armor, and minion and summon buff armor) while they're not necessarily said in the game that they're class armor, and you can mix and match, they are all made to group together (hence set bonuses) to work with a certain play style.
So in a sense of the word, there are classes in Terraria.

Well, i normally go for a all rounder aproach. I use the beetle/spectre armour and i usually use mage weapons untill i run out of mana, where i then use ranger weapons. I also like to use specific melee weapons (flairon, palidens hammer etc. If i use spectre armour, i use magic and defensed based accesories, but if i use the beetle armour then i jsut go for defense. i always have a summon staff, even though i dont use that class in any other way.

Although i do infact know, that this isnt the best possible method of playing terraria, tis just how i like to play.

For PvE, I would chose The Wizard because it can heal himself and the damage is OP.
For PvP, I would chose The ranger because it stil has a good attack and enough armor, The Wizard can't even penetrate The heavy armor while healing.

I am mainly ranger and I love it (just wish the pulse bow wasn't broken) but I also have a warrior that has over 100 defense and walks really slow:D

I like playing as Warrior the best and I like using Ranger items the best. I find Summoner boring and easymode to play as (once you get the actual summoning items), and I absolutely hate Mage in every way possible.
My exact same opinion (Although I like summoner)

I use or utilize what I can get or happen upon. Mostly melee though. I like trying all things I end up with, just to see if I like the effect or look of them. :dryadsmile:

ranger, due to the variety of guns/bows and repeaters etc. not to mention the vast variety of bullets and arrows to use

Warrior. Because of his good defense, fast melee speed and the ability to lure enemies.
I don't like other classes because i need a warrior to protect me.

I played terraria pc for a very short time of my live. When I did though I fell in love with yo-yos but I still picked mage anyway. Most of my time made up with terraria 3ds and I used spectre armor for the first time. Spectre armor is the reason I love mage class.

Melee, for four reasons, from least to most relevant:
1. You don't have to farm resources between every boss fight. Rangers need to keep track of their ammo. As a melee user, I only have to see the ammo counter when I'm fishing.
2. You can always attack the thing you are fighting. Well, at least you can stop that before your first boss. In pre-hardmode, a mage is always having to shoot, then run, shoot, then run, and you get the point. Melee can attack infinitely.
3. It's not annoying. For ranger, you have to aim your shots at least a little well. For mage, the previous is true, but you also have to worry about mana in pre-hardmode. For summoner, well, it's summoner. Summoners rely on AI. Melee, though, is just hit or miss. You hit the enemy, or you don't. No crazy aiming is required, you just walk or fly up and give the boss a huge slap.
4. Projectile swords. It's no secret that melee users love projectile swords. They are definitely awesome. I still try to avoid them or at least also use the blade part, but they are just too cool. They definitely extend my last reason, though:
5. Risk/reward playstyle. Melee users have many choices during a fight. You can fight the enemy head-on with a true melee weapon, or use a projectile to retreat when your health begins to drop. Using melee projectiles to retreat are exactly why the vampire knives are so good. Another good example of risk/reward for melee would be the beetle armor. I prefer the shell, but scale mail is better if you want more damage. I also prefer warding for my accessory modifiers.

Now, the biggest misconception:
WoF being hard for melee: Nope. Even if you don't have an enchanted sword, the weapons you can use have enough DPS to shred the wall, and molten armor is defensive enough to make damage from the boss feel like a tickle.

There are definitely downsides though, such as the flairon being kinda weak compared to other DF drops, and the meowmere deafening anyone in a 50 mile radius. But I love melee, and it is always going to be my main, no matter how many times I get bored of terraria and go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom