Hot Topic What is your favorite class?

What is your favorite class in Terraria?

• Total voters
I really love the summoner class. It has a lot of potential and it is really unique.

Even though I love the summoner class, I can say that summoner is the worst class in the game right now. The developers needs to add more content for the summoner class.

I am not good at speaking English. I am sorry.

I make my own way walking the path of demolitionist, even though grenades and projectiles that drop off with no collision are technically classed as ranger.

Other magical items especially the ones you craft yourself, and summoner staffs have simply not been useful for me in master mode, when virtually every group of enemies will die to a well placed stick of TNT or the barrel end of a musket as far as flying enemies out of range is concerned.

i like ranger because its good to shoot enemies from long range, its safer than get close and slowly kill them with sword (if sword dont shoot projectiles) or using mana things that can deplete your mana in 5 seconds (or less), but summoning class is also good, its always good to have a minions what will kill enemies when u are building something

Ranger, it's just a beast on the Xbox version.
A feature called "Lock-on" lets you press a hotkey to automatically aim towards the closest enemy. Makes the ranger class the most overpowered 1.3 class. Summoner and melee kind of suck, to be honest. Most bosses levitate, and swinging a sword or a jumping minion at it is useless. Mage is decent, and the weapons are unique, but Mana and defense is a serious issue. Mana flowers still require potions, whilst ammo can be infinite via an endless musket pouch.
It's BY FAR the best class in the early game, too.

Summoner, I think it's a LOT more powerful than most people realize! 🤔🍹

Side Note: I think there's some hidden classes in this game too... I'm gonna mess around with a few of the new items before I say anything just yet, but it's really seeming that way!

some More PRE hardmode weapons the summoner minion weapons in pre hardmode are 5 3 needing luck Finch staff Slime staff Vampire frog
Ah, I see... I misread this as Early-Hardmode. In Pre-Hardmode, I really feel like no class has any direct focus, but... there are some things I do know work well.
  1. Bee Queen stuff is pretty great, Beenades are good, Hive Pack is good, BeesKnees Bow is amazing, maybe grab a Star Cannon.
  2. With the Bee Queen stuff, armor & buffs, DD2 up to wave five is possible. That'll net you an Early-Game Sentry Summon.
  3. Stinger Necklace (new item) is pretty good, of course, Vampire Frog is pretty good, Spiky Balls also help a lot.
I don't know, Summoner feels a LOT better in 1.4 to me. The five-plus Minion Weapons in Pre-Hardmode I know about are 🤔🍹:
  • Slime Staff
  • Finch Staff
  • Vampire Frog
  • Hornet Staff
  • Ballista (level 1)
  • Flameburst (level 1)
  • Lightning Aura (level 1)
  • Explosive Trap (level 1)
  • Imp Staff

I don't really have any particular favorite however I find myself playing Ranged or Melee

I've come up with a 'combined class' thing and wrote it down

Classes in Terraria
Melee
Ranged
Mage

Summoner
Yoyo

Prefixes (for combining classes)
Melee = Battle
Ranged = Gun
Mage = Magic

Combined Classes (if I missed any let me know!)
Melee + Ranged = Battle Gunner
Melee + Mage = Battle Mage
Ranged + Mage = Gun Mage

Other classes
Healer
Tank

Non-Fighting classes
Wiring
Building
Fishing
Catching
Exploring/Mining

Last edited:
I don't really have any particular favorite however I find myself playing Ranged or Melee

I've come up with a 'combined class' thing and wrote it down

Classes in Terraria
Melee
Ranged
Mage

Prefixes (for combining classes)
Melee = Battle
Ranged = Gun
Mage = Magic

Combined Classes (if I missed any let me know!)
Melee + Ranged = Battle Gunner
Melee + Mage = Battle Mage
Ranged + Mage = Gun Mage

Other classes
Healer
Tank

Non-Fighting classes
Wiring
Building
Fishing
Catching
Exploring/Mining
I feel the exact same way. I don't usually prefer to keep to a certain class even in hard mode. It's really more a matter of what will be your main weapons. But if I was to choose, it would probably be ranged (I'm also saying this because range was actually the first class I used in a complete playthrough).

I feel the exact same way. I don't usually prefer to keep to a certain class even in hard mode. It's really more a matter of what will be your main weapons. But if I was to choose, it would probably be ranged (I'm also saying this because range was actually the first class I used in a complete playthrough).
yeah

Back
Top Bottom