What is your Favorite Stage of Terraria?

Probably early hm and post golem.
Early HM introduces you to new enemies, npcs, and new biomes, which give a sense of a new adventure.
Post golem is the complete opposite, you know the adventure is almost to a close, with only two bosses and an event ahead of you, so you prepare for the final boss, giving a sense of excitement.

pre-boss of course, it's stage when you only explore and trying to survive from zombies and other mobs, building houses for npcs and more stuff like this.<3

Pre Pre-Hardmode Boss is one of my favourite parts stating off is fun exploring and mining knowing that at any moment your either gonna get horribly murdered, blown up, lost or you fall into water and laav and either burn up or drown, post game is my actual favourite cause i know ive done everything and can do whatever the hell i want, coversely early hardmode is my least favourite cause new and stronger monsters come out and im back at the bottom of the progrssion pole sinc emy PHM stuff dont do nothing to them, and you can't really skip around the early HM ores since need to get them in order, plus once your at Titanium level your basicaally gatekept until you can beat the three(i say four since i count Spaz and Ret as seperate entities) mech bosses which is hard for me cause of my autism and the difficulty spike is off puting but its a realief onc eyou beat them.

...blown up, lost or you fall into water and laav and either burn up or drown, post game is my actual favourite cause i know ive done everything and can do whatever the hell i want...
This right here! I gotta say, Journey Mode seemed to shine the brightest in these instances you just mentioned, because 1.4 on launch day, was the first time I'd ever fallen into an icy water-pit in pre-Hardmode, and it simply became part of the adventure, rather than a moment to Recall/ Mirror Out, or just be a death sentence. 🙏 😇

I was actually swimming (Gills Potions/ Flipper Potions) and using Glowsticks to explore; right alongside Danger Sense and Hunter Potions, one of the best gamer moments I've had in years.

This right here! I gotta say, Journey Mode seemed to shine the brightest in these instances you just mentioned, because 1.4 on launch day, was the first time I'd ever fallen into an icy water-pit in pre-Hardmode, and it simply became part of the adventure, rather than a moment to Recall/ Mirror Out, or just be a death sentence. 🙏 😇

I was actually swimming (Gills Potions/ Flipper Potions) and using Glowsticks to explore; right alongside Danger Sense and Hunter Potions, one of the best gamer moments I've had in years.
Good idea, Tox, with me I got a Inner Tube so I could float up unless I hold the down button which was handy unless i needed to go down in which case i needed kepe the button press so i don;t ascend.

... once your at Titanium level your basicaally gatekept until you can beat the three(i say four since i count Spaz and Ret as seperate entities) mech bosses which is hard for me cause of my autism and the difficulty spike is off puting but its a realief onc eyou beat them.
Like I said before, I find that boss battles are best won before they're fought, with arenas, wiki study, and grinding for equipment. But sometimes you just need multiple tries -- in my current game, I think I fought Skeletron 9 times or so, adding stuff to the arena and to my equipment set. Eventually I made houses over the Dungeon (part of the arena) for the Nurse and Dryad, then it only took a couple more tries before I could keep out of his face long enough to beat him. (Expert mode)

...plus once your at Titanium level your basicaally gatekept until you can beat the three(i say four since i count Spaz and Ret as seperate entities) mech bosses which is hard for me cause of my autism and the difficulty spike is off puting but its a realief onc eyou beat them.
Don't forget about Queen Slime! 🙏 😇
  • Crystal Assassin's Set
  • Blades Staff
  • Winged Slime Mount
  • Volatile Gelatin

Oh yeah, I haven't got there yet, but having the Blades Staff actually being accessible (as opposed to a rare drop from a rare enemy) looks to be awesome. And I'll be checking out her other drops too.

I still like late pre-Hardmode best
Me saying "Official Release nostalgia" is because the Official Release contain the most things you have in a pre-hard world (without temple or crimson or WoF). It is the most "original".
Update 1.1 introduced hardmode and the mech bosses
Update 1.2 introduced crimson, queen bee, snow biome, plantera, golem, pirate invasion
Update 1.3 introduced lunar event, martian madness, granite & marble caves, underground desert, expert mode, achievements and yoyos.
Update 1.4 ... well, Journey Mode, Master Mode, Bestiary, Golf, Pylons, Oasis, Queen Slime, Empress of Light.
See Terraria Desktop Version History

Last edited:
Early Hardmode probably.

sure the start is rough (getting 3 shotted by the new enemies) but its not as boring as the start of the game.

Early Hardmode probably. sure the start is rough (getting 3 shotted by the new enemies) but its not as boring as the start of the game.
I do somewhat agree on take that early-Hardmode is some of the best content in the game, but I am kinda surprised that there's people that still find early game to be pretty weak. What I mean is, I think early game, especially in 1.4+, is where you really get the chance to start "feeling out" your world, exploring, and planning for the future, what Character Class to play, where to build your base, treasure hunting, all that sorta stuff...

...the addition of Pylons, some of the strongest content added to early game IMHO, really allows you to stabilize your wealth and economy much easier, and much sooner, something you'd normally have to wait until Hardmode to do, which by the time, doesn't really make much sense in many cases; by that time, a player might be forced to focus more pressing matters, like the universal power spike of enemies, World Evil contamination, and having less time of engage in township (like adopting Town Pets).

But yeah, if you want the taste of blood in your mouth early, there's always ForTheWorthy, LoL! 😏 🤷‍♂️

I do somewhat agree on take that early-Hardmode is some of the best content in the game, but I am kinda surprised that there's people that still find early game to be pretty weak. What I mean is, I think early game, especially in 1.4+, is where you really get the chance to start "feeling out" your world, exploring, and planning for the future, what Character Class to play, where to build your base, treasure hunting, all that sorta stuff...

...the addition of Pylons, some of the strongest content added to early game IMHO, really allows you to stabilize your wealth and economy much easier, and much sooner, something you'd normally have to wait until Hardmode to do, which by the time, doesn't really make much sense in many cases; by that time, a player might be forced to focus more pressing matters, like the universal power spike of enemies, World Evil contamination, and having less time of engage in township (like adopting Town Pets).

But yeah, if you want the taste of blood in your mouth early, there's always ForTheWorthy, LoL! 😏 🤷‍♂️
Actually the start of hardmode is good cause you unlock more stuff but your back at the bottom of the totem pole progression wise, as your gear that could easily handle anything in pre hardmdoe does jack in hardmode and the new enemies are much tougher and sturdier than the pre hardmode enemies plus you have to woek your way back up from the bottom by mining new ores and fighting new bosses plus you now need to considerr what class you want to focus on.

Actually the start of hardmode is good cause you unlock more stuff but your back at the bottom of the totem pole progression wise, as your gear that could easily handle anything in pre hardmdoe does jack in hardmode...
You're not wrong, but... I think 1.4 makes things a bit more interesting than that. If you're a fan of Dragon Ball Z, I consider Hardmode in 1.4+ to be more like Dragon Ball Super; I find it to be much more compelling than just being sent back to bottom of the "food chain".

...and the new enemies are much tougher and sturdier than the pre hardmode enemies plus you have to woek your way back up from the bottom by mining new ores and fighting new bosses plus you now need to considerr what class you want to focus on.
This is sorta what I mean, I think 1.4 allows the player to do all of this much sooner. Though the early games' Class mechanics are pretty-much-the-same, the improved accessories provided, help flesh-out your Character Class; being drastically overhauled. I think that... Obsidian Armor for example, is one of the more obvious, and overt displays of an early-game, endgame; along with others items such as Frog Gear (which is practically early game's Master Ninja Gear) and Terraspark Boots.

All-that-to-say, for me... it feels more like 1.4+ Hardmode is saying "welcome to the Major Leagues Bro, it's game time", which means it's mostly up to you to prove that you belong there, sink-or-swim, and much less like Armageddon just happened, and all the enemies are yelling, "welcome to h*ll b***ch!" 😂🥤

You're not wrong, but... I think 1.4 makes things a bit more interesting than that. If you're a fan of Dragon Ball Z, I consider Hardmode in 1.4+ to be more like Dragon Ball Super; I find it to be much more compelling than just being sent back to bottom of the "food chain".

This is sorta what I mean, I think 1.4 allows the player to do all of this much sooner. Though the early games' Class mechanics are pretty-much-the-same, the improved accessories provided, help flesh-out your Character Class; being drastically overhauled. I think that... Obsidian Armor for example, is one of the more obvious, and overt displays of an early-game, endgame; along with others items such as Frog Gear (which is practically early game's Master Ninja Gear) and Terraspark Boots.

All-that-to-say, for me... it feels more like 1.4+ Hardmode is saying "welcome to the Major Leagues Bro, it's game time", which means it's mostly up to you to prove that you belong there, sink-or-swim, and much less like Armageddon just happened, and all the enemies are yelling, "welcome to h*ll b***ch!" 😂🥤
Thats true, you beat the WOF and enter hardmode, thinking you become the champion/god but really you moved from the minor league to the major league, and basically yeah, the game is welcome to hell :red:! >8D but its rewarding to make it through to the end and the developers have helpd to make hardmode as in early hardmode easier for players which is cool.

By the way, the best way to get back at Terraria is to do all sorts of terrible things to it's code, when it decides to troll you. >8D (That's a joke by the way)

Last edited:
Terraria as you all know is an open-world, sandbox game with some RPG elements in there. Its progression is vast and wide-open, with some smaller linear elements. I honestly really like this take on progression. Leaving you out in the open while pointing you in a direction to help you out (With gameplay of course) But; what is your favorite part of the game, I personally can't choose, they are all fun in their own ways, challenging the player in fresh and challenging ways, forcing the player out of their comfort zone.

Pre-Boss you have to be very careful in, while letting you grasp your world.
After that you slowly upgrade your character and really feel like you earn your new armors, weapons, a d bosses defeated, it's classic.
Pre-Hardmode as a whole only scratches the surface of the game. But it's just so fun I always enjoy it and want to stay in it for awhile.

Early Hardmode really pushes the player out of their comfort zone, forcing them to actively mine, fight, get strategies and really learn their world layout and enemies. Tons of new equipment, weapons, biomes, and just everything is there.

Pre-Plantera-Golem is like a combination of everything so far while keeping everything fresh, the Jungle is just so cool and the world really gets upgraded at this point. It can go by a little fast, but still top-notch. You also get a ton of locations being upgraded, like the Dungeon and a buuuuuuunch of new events to challenge and become an ultimante badass.
After that the game really blows your mind, you really gotta stay on your toes now and is like a Bossrush as you fight the Cultist, Pillars, and eventually the Final Boss.

My brief explanation on each main part of the game, tell me what you think is your favorite. :)
Pre-Golem. It was like a fever dream going around the dungeon to see what the "screams" were all about during my first play through. It was wild, went to the dungeon multiple times for 2 irl days to check out the entire thing before deciding to go NEAR the jungle temple.

Back
Top Bottom