What is your favorite weapon of each category and why? (All editions)

My options are:
Melee: Meowmere (Desktop and console) because not only does it do a lot of damage, it's also creative.
Ranged: Phantasm/Vortex Beater (Desktop and Console), Phantasm because it's really cool, Vortex beater solely for the description : "The catastrophic mixture of pew pew and boom boom."
Magic: Last Prism (Desktop and Console) because it's awesome
Summon: Stardust Dragon (Desktop and Console)
What's your opinion?

Possessed_Hatchet.png

Dart_Pistol.png

Sky_Fracture.png

Deadly_Sphere_Staff.png

Melee: Flairon, it's just so satisfying to use.
Ranged: Dart Pistol with Ichor Darts. I love the types of ranged weapons that aren't the norm, so.
Magic: Golden Shower. Aqua Scepter attacks are so fun, and Ichor is so useful, so.
Summon: Stardust Cell. Because I never play as a summoner, so the Dragon is never useful.

melee: Vampire knives. I like them because they steal the enemies lives, which is extremely useful.
Ranger: I think the mega shark. Idk why. I just like it.
Summoner: The slime staff. Yes. The slime staff. The slime is just soooo cute :3. And I know, it's a bad weapon.
Mage: The Shadow Beam Staff. I like the way it bounces on the walls and it's fun to find out how you can hit the enemies at other places.

Melee: Tera Blade, because im a old gen consoler and it's nostalgic to me. Runner up is the VAMPIRE KNIVES OH YEA. Do i even need to explain why this is runner up?
Ranged: Mega Shark, for the same reason as the Tera Blade. Runner up is the Vortex Beater because of the Beater Glitch on consoles.
Magic: Golden Shower, not only is it nostalgic but it's useful. No runner up, because i never played magic.
Summoner: Stardust Cells because they are really useful! Runner up is Spiders because i DESTROYED the DESTROYER with them.

Melee: Terrarian; best weapon ever because its a yoyo
Ranged: Onyx Blaster; I think it looks cool
Magic: Rainbow Rod
Summoner: Stardust Dragon Staff; I love how long you can get it

Melee:
latest
Death Sickle cuz it fits my aesthetic and scythes are metal AF <3
Ranged:
latest
Tendon Bow, yo
Magic:
latest
Cursed Flames is fun ^^
Summoner:
Li%27l_Devil%27s_Wand.png
Li'l Devil's Wand. One of my absolute favorites from the Thorium mod :dryadpassionate:

melee- lead shortsword, cause its more useless than the gravity globe
ranged- onyx blaster, cause its freaking op
magic- razorblade typhoon, cause its awesome and underrated
summon- spider, cause they take up 0.75 of a summon slot

Melee: Star Wraith because it does more damage against bosses, and can hit things while I camp.
Ranged: SDMG, name and just completely shuts down anything with luminite bullets and vortex armor,
Magic: Last Prism, beats up anything with mana machine, also razor blade typhoon for crowds,
Summoner: Stardust dragon for bosses, cells for anything else (dragon gets sidetracked too much instead of defending meh)

Melee:
Terra_Blade.png
The Terrablade.

You basically assemble this piece by piece, throughout the whole game, and while I feel it kind of got shoved to the side with the Martian Madness update, since the Influx Waver is about equally powerful (depending on who you ask) and is a LOT easier to get and cheaper to upgrade, this is still a great weapon.
High damage, you can move around and swing freely left and right, it has auto-swing, it has a ranged attack; the lot.
All my melee characters have one and even used it to take out Duke Fishron (until I get his flail).

But it's even more than a weapon. It's an icon. It reflects the journey you made, from defeating the Eye, visiting the dangerous jungle and underworld, raiding the dungeon, all the way up to defeating all three mechanical bosses and defeating Mothron. (Although I got a LOT of broken blades in earlier versions, where swamp guys dropped them.)

Even though I don't like running into yet another 'True Terrablade' suggestion (the name is far from original), I do get why people would like to see this sword upgraded and I share this desire. It'd have been very nice if you could have kept upgrading it throughout the game, eventually creating a ridiculously powerful sword with Luminite.
It's the only weapon that you keep upgrading, that's there with you until the end (until the Martians kinda ruined that).
There are a few weapons that can be upgraded once, but the Terrablade is quite unique here in that it contains so many parts.

I'd love to see something like having it charge up while you kill things, glow more and more green, and have it discharge with the right mouse button, striking dead everything currently on the screen (except bosses). It's a nice thought.

Ranged:
Tactical_Shotgun.png
Tactical Shotgun.

No long story here. I like shotguns in games. I like to walk straight up to an enemy, release that shell and have whatever's at the other end of the barrel turn into chunks.
It never gets old for me to unload the shotgun in Terraria, seeing my dismantled enemy fly away from me faster than it ran towards me, thanks to the gun's high knock-back.
"Jeez, Gotcha, you psycho."
Haha, no worries, I don't share the same joy in real life. I absolutely hate guns.

Magic:
Last_Prism.png
The Last Prism.

When I finish a game, I like to get something incredibly powerful, something that pretty much makes the whole game easy as pie afterwards. Something all players deserve after all that hard work and frustration. The game recognizes you climbed that mountain, overcame your weaknesses, grew with experience, finally reached the top, and rewards you with a gift from the gods, to make the rest of your continued play a pleasant holiday... if you want to.
And I want to. I love to have that one weapon in any game that makes me feel like a god, that pretty much smites down anything the game throws at you, and for Terraria this is The Last Prism.
It can clear out throngs of enemies in the blink of an eye, kills bosses in seconds, and with the right setup you can even pretty much god-mode through Expert Moon events, completely annihilating even the ridiculous amounts of Pumpkings in the Pumpkin Moon's final wave.

It was either this or the Inferno Fork. I like massive fireballs that pretty much kill any enemy it comes into contact with (and not just in Terraria).
Very satisfying to use. So a special mention is deserved.

Summoning:
Raven_Staff.png
Raven Staff.

I'm usually the good guy in games and generally don't inflict terrible things onto virtual characters, although sometimes I let myself go and do an evil walk-through of, for example, Fallout 3. Or play Dungeon Keeper. Sometimes it can be fun to be a bit wicked.
And as far as wickedness goes, I don't think any weapon in Terraria can beat the Raven Staff. A raven doesn't fight nobly with a sword and shield in its claws; it picks out your eyes and tears at your flesh.
So having a swarm of these go about the battlefield on their own, picking apart poor helpless enemies... yeah... that's... kind of special, isn't it? :naughty:

Melee: Fetid Baghnakhs. The weapons is so OP for an early hardmode weapon, and I love it so much.
Ranged: Vortex Beater. Everytime I use it, it makes me laugh!
Magic: Rainbow Gun: It is so pleasing to use!
Summon: Optic Staff. As you can tell, the Twins are my favorite boss in this game.

Back
Top Bottom