Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Mage - Magic

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Summoner

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters

BoldStep

Queen Bee
Hi! I just want to start a discussion on your personal favourite class, they're "Warrior, Ranger, Mage and Summoner".

To start it of, I want to share mine. My favourite is Warrior, it just feels right considering I don't have to worry about ammo or mana and I get a lot of defense from melee-based armours.
My 2nd favourite is Summoner, the minions do all the dirty work for you and all you really have to do is dodge and refresh the minions.

So what is your favourite?

Warrior, not just in Terraria, but for every game I play that allows warriors. It feels so good to charge in and chop away at the opponent.

In Terraria, I've never been in hardmode with a class other then warrior.:eek:

1st favorite:
Mage
Since it can be like a ranger and a warrior and it can have the best attacks with the endgame gear
2nd favorite
Summoner
It lets you do something else like building or fishing easier since you don't have to worry about enemies attacking you all the time

I personally like the Warrior class. The reason behind this is because I like to rush things, get close up and personal, and do a lot of combo-hits in a matter of seconds. It's differnent, but still something :3

First, Summoner. It feels pretty bad :red: to have a crew following you around, taking monsters out. Second, Mage. I tend to use mage weapons for my summoners too but the options and being able to stand back and slaughter is nice. Both can be squishy but its the tradeoff for all the awesome.

Mage. #LastPrismOP
In all seriousness though, I love mage. I love it because of the wide range of different weapons you can use, Especially mid to late game.
If i had a second favorite, It'd be ranger. I've always loved being the ranger / guy who shoots stuff in most RPG games, Terraria being one. Ranger's really similar to mage for me, as to me, they're the same, but they use different ammo and weapons.

i don't like warrior ok

Warrior. My aim is just kind of terrible, and I get so frustrated with ammo and mana. I haven't done a summoner character yet, though, and that seems pretty fun.

It's hard for me to decide. In terms of actual fighting, I have to go with mage due to their huge variety of weapons and choices making them not the absolute best in boss fights, but great for farming NPCs.
On the other hand, I like to be ranged sometimes and wear an obsidian outlaw hat while riding a bunny or unicorn and go crazy with a gun. It appeals to me somehow. Plus, the variety of bullets, arrows, and bow types, (Daedelus is too fun.) don't make it like a simple shooter. These would be my top 2 but I can't pick an absolute favorite.

Warrior is the most interesting to me. I keep trying to make Ranged characters but all I end up doing in deleting them cause they're not interesting. I like dishing a lot of damage while also taking a lot of damage, but surviving in the end. Plus close-quarter combats is exciting, fighting at a distance is not ME. I like going in head-first through battle.

Warrior all the way:redspin:

I like them all, but overall Warrior is my favorite of the four, just because it's far more durable than the others, in a game where the best strategy is to not die.

Before 1.3 Ranger was my uncontested favourite, but I'm not so sure now. The only class I've had a proper 1.3 playthrough with is Mage, so I'll probably go with that

The classes are more like:

-Melee Ranged
-Ranged Ranged
-Magic Ranged

Summoner isn't a class. Even if you dump all your accessory and armor slots to enhance minions you'll still be using either a melee ranged, ranged ranged or magic ranged weapon.

Ranger, I've done like twice as many Ranger playthroughs than the other classes combined.

A fairly close second would be Summoner, but it would rocket past Ranger if you could direct your summons properly.

Oh yeah, I should point out something I didn't in my other post.
I use melee at the start of playthroughs due to the lack of other weapons, but even if I'm trying to be warrior, I always find myself picking up and using a ranged/magic weapon more.

Welp, seeing that I'm relatively new to this game, I have been a warrior/ranger? (Does a yoyo/boomerang count?) and would love to throw some fireballs...Well, once I figure out how..

Ranger master race is over, it was nice during 1.2.4.1, but the glorious times are over, Terrarian and Last Prism beats the crap out of our crappy dolphin... xD
Yeah, I changed to mage, but I think I'll switch to warrior, because mage is just too easy of a faceroll... s:
At the moment I can't find my way in the game. =^-^'=

Sit down for a moment, my sword-wielding friends.
Lemme tell y'all a little story about the Summoner.

Out there in the world of Terraria, it gets rather lonely, oftentimes even scary. Especially when you're alone. That feeling will never be felt by me again.
I started out like the rest of ya. Melee weapons had the highest base damage. If something had defense, I would take it. I experimented with other styles back in 1.1, but whether I used a Megashark or the Crystal Storm, I always had the Hallowed Mask on because I needed that defense. I was curled up in my own little shell. Afraid to go out into the world. Afraid to taste the pure fresh air that was just beyond the layer of protection on my face. I used to hear the term "Masking is golden" being thrown around.

1.2 comes 'round. I see something that catches my eye; the Spectre Hood. Now this was something I could get my head around... or rather, get around my head. The ability to heal yourself and stay alive through the use of magic spells was very encouraging to me. I was almost at the strength to take on the Pumpkin and Frost Moons. But all good things come to an end, don't they? The Hood was nerfed heavily. Well, okay then. I'll just use the Spectre Mask. More damage for me.
But a mask is still a mask.
When I play through the game a few more times, I'm leaning back towards melee weapons. That Terra Blade and Paladin's Hammer looked so delicious. Who needs magic gimmicks when you have raw damage and absurd defense? This made it difficult to transition into my new Ranger. Sure, I could fly fast, but farming for Shroomite was tedious, and the game of point n' click just wasn't my style.

It's 1.2.4. The terror of the seas has risen from the depths to cause havoc upon all my characters; none of them were ready for this threat.
And then, that one fateful day. With a new character, I trekked across the forest alone. That morning, I came across a Baby Slime. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. With a happy look on his face, he said to me "Let's go, my friend! This world is ours to explore!" I almost didn't want to believe him, but I followed his lead anyway. I already knew of this world; a world full of terrible monstrosities and face-chomping plants. Just what was he trying to show me?

Well my friends, he showed me a world unlike any other. It was the exact same world, with its jump-scaring explosive traps and murderous angels. But it wasn't the same feeling of dread that I always had when faced with these challenges.
Most importantly, I didn't feel alone. The Baby Slime led me through darkened caverns and into deserts that could swallow me whole, and all the while, I wasn't afraid. I had a friend, and it made all the difference.
This little tyke opened my eyes.

Together we overthrew a Queen Bee who abused her power, and we freed her servants from the jail cells of Bee Wax.
Together we created a staff that would conjure a Fire Imp from thin air; one that was actually on our side and fought for the greater good. For the first time, I was able to take down the Wall of Flesh without high defense and on my first try. Our teamwork proved most excellent against the keeper of the Underworld.
Together we rescued the Queen Spider and her loyal subjects from the outbreak of invasive, rebellious Black Recluses, and she crowned me her best soldier.
Together we put a stop to an attack by Pirates, convincing them to join our cause so that the treasures they seek will no longer be in short supply.
Together we released the Twins from their spell of terror and hatred, and in return they promised to watch over us throughout our journey to purify this corrupt land.
Together we put the Jungle back into rest, halting Plantera's aggressive onslaught and retrieving an ancient staff from her that would bring clay figures to life. The Witch Doctor, knowing very well what this was, saw me as the successor he had been waiting his whole life for. He bestowed his most valuable possessions upon me, charms that would allow me to gain a stronger bond with my many friends. With these, my troop of clay figures and I marched into the Temple and shut down the berserk Golem who had lost its mind indefinitely.
Together we trudged into the Dungeon and freed the Frost Hydra from the staff in which it was imprisoned, preventing it from spending all of time in its cage of eternal frost.
Together we protected our precious world from a war waged by creatures of the night, relieving a corrupt scarecrow king of a staff that magically drew the attention of Ravens.
And together, we stood up to the dreadful usurper of the ocean, and by the power of our unbreakable bonds, we ended his reign of terror, settled the water of the seas, and gained the ability to control his pure rage in the form of watery vortexes that conjured angry sharks through the power of his hatred and spite.

I stood there, atop a tower at the entrance to the town I had built with my own two hands. As I looked over the horizon, it dawned on me that this world was entirely mine. Ours. At last, I feared nothing; we feared nothing. No evil could stand in our way. We are one. I gave all of my friends a very warm hug, and I realized then and there, that this is who I am. A valiant guardian of nature created to protect the world we love so dearly. Yet the only thing that drove me forward was the power of friendship. It was a beautiful feeling that took my breath away.
The truth hit me like a ton of Rainbow Bricks.
I am the Summoner.

And the best part was, this was only the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom