What is your least favourite block in Terraria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awordley

Spazmatism
The tittle says it all, what are your least favourite Terraria blocks?
Mine are:
Crimsand - I think it's really ugly, and if it spreads into your ocean, you get a sea of blood! :dryadeek:

Spikes + Wooden Spikes - Since they don't hurt mobs, spikes are simply annoying in single player. Especially if you are lazily travelling through the dungeon and don't see them. I never got why wooden spikes were stronger than normal spikes, but I never got how you could drink water to prevent yourself from drowning either. :confused:

Bubblegum Block - I think it looks like a pink fungus, which has spread on to some stone blocks. It really puts me off!

What are your least favourite Terraria blocks? Post yours below!

Last edited:
Snow. And to an extent Ice.

Why?

Try digging down a snow biome with a [wooden] copper pickaxe with your sound turned all the way up and your music all the way down. See if you don't go insane, or your ears don't bleed, whichever comes first.

Why?

Try digging down a snow biome with a wooden pickaxe with your sound turned all the way up and your music all the way down. See if you don't go insane, or your ears don't bleed, whichever comes first.
Wooden pickaxe? I guess you mean copper pickaxe. And why would you play with just the sound on anyway, as well as turning it up to 100% volume!

Wooden pickaxe? I guess you mean copper pickaxe. And why would you play with just the sound on anyway, as well as turning it up to 100% volume!
It's an overreaction I admit, but that fact remains, that thing has the most annoying breaking sound in the game. Coupled with the fact that it's heavily abundant and exists in all worlds...:dryadcry:

I'd have to say I hate blocks like ash, ice and ebonstone/crimstone/pearlstone the most. I just never use any of them and end up trashing them as a result of this. For me they are nothing more than inventory clutter.

This is quite a tricky one, I've never really thought about a block I don't like, but I think one of them has to be the Active/Inactive stone blocks and the Grey Pressure Plate. Just imagine you're doing super well in your mining expedition, for it to be suddenly stopped by a boulder crashing down.

This may change, because I've never actually thought of a block I don't like...

This is quite a tricky one, I've never really thought about a block I don't like, but I think one of them has to be the Active/Inactive stone blocks and the Grey Pressure Plate. Just imagine you're doing super well in your mining expedition, for it to be suddenly stopped by a boulder crashing down.

This may change, because I've never actually thought of a block I don't like...
this is nota good time to say i suggested a :red: ton more boulders is it?
my least favorite block is COBWEb

I see purpose in every block in the game.
Ebonsand_Block.png

Really, I can't think of a single block I wouldn't be able to put in one of my creations.
i9QhvPA.png

There's no block that, if removed, would make my life and my game experience better.
Gg6EHiq.png

This game is just ideal.
uQwqn5Q.png

K2cogCh.png

ZAEIGVB.png

lEvotgT.png

JZarogD.png

AZyWExz.png

Ft4EMCK.png

oCqNCRv.png

wcW0GdV.png

bGhCngK.png

Silt is pretty annoying. Clogs up the underground like mad, and takes forever to clean it all up. Before 1.2, it didnt even have a single use either!

Any block with any sort of effect is very useful, I can only choose between standard blocks judging by their texture/theme. There are none I dislike but choosing one I don't think is as good as others visually, I'll go with Tin Brick.

Dirt/Stone/Ebonsand/Crimsand
I have to trash them every time i mine them. They just... do nothing useful (for me).

Silt is THE WORST.

Okay, I won't lie in that playing the 'Silt roulette' isn't somewhat entertaining, but in a practical sense it's a pain in the tush since you never know where to expect the next block to dig out will be...

...trying to excavate a heap of that stuff is like trying to bat a fly away with your mouse, or something!

Why?

Try digging down a snow biome with a [wooden] copper pickaxe with your sound turned all the way up and your music all the way down. See if you don't go insane, or your ears don't bleed, whichever comes first.
Because the *tink* *tink* *tink* of the stone is better...

I hate spikes, because they damage you and only you!
My previously most hated block was mud when it used to fall... that was the most annoying thing ever.

My least favorite block in Terraria are Spikes. I really dislike them, they do damage to you, and I hate getting hurt. :(

One block I have a generally hard time getting to blend into any of my architecture, would most likely be Titanstone.

The shading on it is awkward compared to many other types building material. This is coupled by the fact it is generally hard to find a mass amount of Titanium in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom