What is your opinion about Drill Mount?

What do you think about that Drill?

• It's awesome! SO MUCH DESTRUCTION!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • It is good

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I wasted too much bars to create that... thing \ It's probably a waste of ore

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I haven't made it and I won't!

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The DCU is probably slightly less than half as fast (but mines twice as widely) as Light Shroomite Claws when using:
  • Mining Potion
  • Mining Shirt, Pants, Helmet
  • Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, Moon/Sun Stone
With all possible mining speed boosts, the Light Shroomite Claws dig faster than a character can fall vertically and almost as fast as a character can run with the Frostspark Boots horizontally.

Claws are still great for digging straight down, which is one of the best ways to explore quickly. DCU is good for building tunnels you'll actually use as part of your base or just to decorate your world, and because it hovers, you won't fall down into random holes you encounter when digging horizontally as you will with any pickaxe.

The DCU is probably slightly less than half as fast (but mines twice as widely) as Light Shroomite Claws when using:
  • Mining Potion
  • Mining Shirt, Pants, Helmet
  • Celestial Shell, Celestial Stone, Moon/Sun Stone
With all possible mining speed boosts, the Light Shroomite Claws dig faster than a character can fall vertically and almost as fast horizontally as a character can run with the Frostspark Boots horizontally.

Claws are still great for digging straight down, which is one of the best ways to explore quickly. DCU is good for building tunnels you'll actually use as part of your base or just to decorate your world, and because it hovers, you won't fall down into random holes you encounter when digging horizontally as you will with any pickaxe.
Conclusion: the DCU is primarily a terraforming tool rather than a mining tool.

Conclusion: the DCU is primarily a terraforming tool rather than a mining tool.
Indeed.

I love how, as it mines, it also creates sloped blocks. The DCU is a great unit for tunneling if you want all your tunnels to blend in with the natural cave formations.

This is one reason I like that it doesn't break walls.

Reactions: Nev
I freaking love it. it helps destroy those floating islands that annoy the crap out of me. i end up leaving the walls to help build space stations...

Fastest corruption-proof hellevator construction tool, what's not to like? Plus with spelunker potion you can finally build that damn titanium brick castle you always wanted.
The only downside is that it can't break walls.

But you know, who cares about downsides when you can do this:
tumblr_nryl4hD7Hd1tcrluho3_1280.jpg

which inevitably led to these

tumblr_nryl4hD7Hd1tcrluho1_400.jpg

tumblr_nryl4hD7Hd1tcrluho2_400.jpg

tumblr_nryl4hD7Hd1tcrluho4_500.jpg

tumblr_nryl4hD7Hd1tcrluho5_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom