What is your swear-by-it weapon?

Regardless of what armor path I end up choosing, it is without fail that I must obtain a Megashark. It's a great reliable ranged weapon and it's not overly difficult to get.

I once did this, but I found myself doing it far less these days when other options just seem easier. But still, Megashark is still a solid weapon all-around.

I'll add the Death Sickle in.
I was just about to bring that up but since you've said it I'll go with the Flarion. That thing can destroy anything, it's the pray and spray of flails, except you don't need to pray because it shoots homing bubbles.

I was just about to bring that up but since you've said it I'll go with the Flarion. That thing can destroy anything, it's the pray and spray of flails, except you don't need to pray because it shoots homing bubbles.

Flairon would be a perfect pre-Lunar event weapon if it didn't drop off of fricken Duke Fishron.

Ever since that enrage change, I find that I really hate fighting that stupid thing. Did it once for the achievement, not doing it again. While Flairon is a nice weapon, I'll just wait to the Solar Eruption, kthx. Terra Blade and TEoC will handle the Cultist+Solar Pillar until then.

Flairon would be a perfect pre-Lunar event weapon if it didn't drop off of fricken Duke Fishron.

Ever since that enrage change, I find that I really hate fighting that stupid thing. Did it once for the achievement, not doing it again. While Flairon is a nice weapon, I'll just wait to the Solar Eruption, kthx. Terra Blade and TEoC will handle the Cultist+Solar Pillar until then.
Duke Fishron isn't hard to autofarm, I can do it with the invincibility glitch from Slime Statues and the traps from one Lhizard Temple in 10 minutes.

Duke Fishron isn't hard to autofarm, I can do it with the invincibility glitch from Slime Statues and the traps from one Lhizard Temple in 10 minutes.

Maybe I don't like setting up invincibility farms? I mean, to be honest, if you have to go those lengths to make a boss fight reasonable, I'd rather not do it, thanks.

I miss the days when I could actually fight him and it not be a pure DPS race that one can barely meet, and that's only with Solar Equipment (I sure as bleep ain't using Flairon if I have a Solar Eruption lol), unless you play on Large Maps (I don't), then you maybe might have enough room to actually move around to avoid the stupid junk he throws everywhere.

Maybe I don't like setting up invincibility farms? I mean, to be honest, if you have to go those lengths to make a boss fight reasonable, I'd rather not do it, thanks.

I miss the days when I could actually fight him and it not be a pure DPS race that one can barely meet, and that's only with Solar Equipment (I sure as bleep ain't using Flairon if I have a Solar Eruption lol), unless you play on Large Maps (I don't), then you maybe might have enough room to actually move around to avoid the stupid junk he throws everywhere.
Are you in 1.3 because the Storm Bow destroys him.

Are you in 1.3 because the Storm Bow destroys him.

I will admit I've not tried the stormbow, I was using the Eruption.. but this was a long time ago right after 1.3+ came out.

During 1.2, I used a long bridge and vamp knives.

When I did the vamp knives I didnt use a long bridge, I just circled him.
Yeah, that's probably the better tactic when combined with the bridge. Asphalt helps a lot too as you can avoid a lot of the attack due to your speed, not to mention having 2 layers so that you can fight without having to worry about being hit by a Sharknado.

(Sad music plays)
Sharanga...
Killed almost anything, made hardmode easy and spared cursed fire farming. You will be missed...
RIP

Quite a difficult question you present there, hmm... It's either between the Flying Dragon blade, or Wyvern Slayer, the latter being from a mod.

Bunny Cannon. Why? Because it saved my arse many times during frost moons.

The other one is Stynger.
From what the wiki says, the Bunny Cannon is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. At least for a cannon. Plus, infinite ammo.
[doublepost=1517445772,1517445425][/doublepost]Since I'm still pre-hardmode and haven't gotten all that far, my go-to right now is the Bee Gun and Beenade. They summon swarms of bees for the low, low price of 5 mana per shot for the bee gun, and the bees track enemies. Pre-hardmode god for constant damage, and will probably stay with me for a while, even when I finally get to hardmode.

From what the wiki says, the Bunny Cannon is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. At least for a cannon. Plus, infinite ammo.
[doublepost=1517445772,1517445425][/doublepost]Since I'm still pre-hardmode and haven't gotten all that far, my go-to right now is the Bee Gun and Beenade. They summon swarms of bees for the low, low price of 5 mana per shot for the bee gun, and the bees track enemies. Pre-hardmode god for constant damage, and will probably stay with me for a while, even when I finally get to hardmode.

If you've never been to Hardmode, you will sadly find out the reality that is the Defense Wall.

Many Easymode weapons that you enjoyed will suddenly get very worthless once you enter Hardmode because enemies will have quite a bit more Defense, which reduces your out-going damage by at least 5 or more per hit on many mobs.

This means that weapons like the Night's Edge that hit for 50-60 damage on Easymode Enemies will now still do 45-55 which is still good. You're only losing 10% of your damage output and many times this will not change the number of hits required to kill something.

However, a weapon like the Bee Gun or the Vilethorn which only does something around 10 damage per hit will now do 5 damage or less per hit and will take much longer to kill anything. Not only do the enemies have significantly more health, but you're doing only half the damage due to the higher Defense.

Meanwhile, weapons like the Night's Edge are only losing 10% of their damage output.

It really, really screws over the "hundred sting" weapons that hit the enemy many times for small damage, and severely limits your options when you first enter Hardmode. I don't know a whole lot about Ranged Easymode Weapons, but I find that perhaps the only one I could really recommend would be the Phoenix Blaster or the Clockwork Rifle for starting Hardmode. On the Magic Side, even Water Bolt gets too weak to use in Hardmode. A Diamond Staff can just barely hang on until you get something from Hardmode, with maybe the Flower of Fire and the Firebolt (I forget its actual name, Fire Wand? Something like that) can do "OK" until you get a comparable Hardmode weapon. For melee, you're looking at the Night's Edge or the Cascade until you get a new weapon in Hardmode.

Those are pretty much the only weapons that will continue to function with much of any capacity in Hardmode. Everything else will just pop single-digit damage, and a lot of enemies in hardmode will have 150-300 health, so that will take absolutely forever.

Kind of like using a Wooden Sword to kill Skeletons in the Caverns.

If you've never been to Hardmode, you will sadly find out the reality that is the Defense Wall.

Many Easymode weapons that you enjoyed will suddenly get very worthless once you enter Hardmode because enemies will have quite a bit more Defense, which reduces your out-going damage by at least 5 or more per hit on many mobs.

This means that weapons like the Night's Edge that hit for 50-60 damage on Easymode Enemies will now still do 45-55 which is still good. You're only losing 10% of your damage output and many times this will not change the number of hits required to kill something.

However, a weapon like the Bee Gun or the Vilethorn which only does something around 10 damage per hit will now do 5 damage or less per hit and will take much longer to kill anything. Not only do the enemies have significantly more health, but you're doing only half the damage due to the higher Defense.

Meanwhile, weapons like the Night's Edge are only losing 10% of their damage output.

It really, really screws over the "hundred sting" weapons that hit the enemy many times for small damage, and severely limits your options when you first enter Hardmode. I don't know a whole lot about Ranged Easymode Weapons, but I find that perhaps the only one I could really recommend would be the Phoenix Blaster or the Clockwork Rifle for starting Hardmode. On the Magic Side, even Water Bolt gets too weak to use in Hardmode. A Diamond Staff can just barely hang on until you get something from Hardmode, with maybe the Flower of Fire and the Firebolt (I forget its actual name, Fire Wand? Something like that) can do "OK" until you get a comparable Hardmode weapon. For melee, you're looking at the Night's Edge or the Cascade until you get a new weapon in Hardmode.

Those are pretty much the only weapons that will continue to function with much of any capacity in Hardmode. Everything else will just pop single-digit damage, and a lot of enemies in hardmode will have 150-300 health, so that will take absolutely forever.

Kind of like using a Wooden Sword to kill Skeletons in the Caverns.
1. I usually use the night's edge anyway when I'm stuck in an area with low ranged ability. I still use the Bee Gun in these situations to peg the enemy for the low damage, as it is, I'm grinding the dungeon for bones with my bees, plus the full set of bee armor with Hornet minions, and the Night's Edge(Before that I used the Beekeeper sword, that functions similarly to the Bee Gun, but with damage just shy of the Night's Edge, plus autoswing and very fast speed). And admittedly, I still die to the spikes.
2) I'm not sure what hardmode is like, but I'll probably keep the Bee Gun handy, just for the slight damage. Speaking of, I got a handgun, and I looked at the Phoenix Blaster and decided not to waste the hellstone. I've had better guns in the past, such as the musket, and the Star Cannon is waiting in my inventory when I really need a high damager.
3) Is the Magic missile worth keeping at this point? I'm currently at the area where I'm going to hell often and not doing too bad, but I'm trying to get rid of inventory junk at the same time.

1. I usually use the night's edge anyway when I'm stuck in an area with low ranged ability. I still use the Bee Gun in these situations to peg the enemy for the low damage, as it is, I'm grinding the dungeon for bones with my bees, plus the full set of bee armor with Hornet minions, and the Night's Edge(Before that I used the Beekeeper sword, that functions similarly to the Bee Gun, but with damage just shy of the Night's Edge, plus autoswing and very fast speed). And admittedly, I still die to the spikes.

It's always good to keep a side-arm weapon, yes.

2) I'm not sure what hardmode is like, but I'll probably keep the Bee Gun handy, just for the slight damage. Speaking of, I got a handgun, and I looked at the Phoenix Blaster and decided not to waste the hellstone. I've had better guns in the past, such as the musket, and the Star Cannon is waiting in my inventory when I really need a high damager.

Getting 10 Hellstone Bars is very easy. You can mine Hellstone through the walls of the buildings in the Underworld without mining out the blocks. This makes it 100% safe and you will never get burned by lava doing it this way. If you're not sure what I mean I could post some screenshots.

Anyways, the Phoenix Blaster has a very high rate of Fire for a Semi-Auto. It's no mini/megashark, but it hits hard for as fast as it can shoot and it is useful clear into Hardmode. Heck, some nut killed Plantera with it (a Mid-Hardmode Boss). It does 23 Damage with a Use Time of 11.

Meanwhile, the Musket does 31 damage but has a Use Time of 42. This means that it does 50% more damage, but fires 4 times as slow. By the time it takes you to do 62 damage with the Musket, you can almost do 80 damage with the Phoenix Blaster so the PB wins hands-down over the Musket.

The Star Cannon is indeed powerful, but have fun farming ammo for it.

It does 55 damage with a Use Time of 11, but it shoots .... you guessed it... Fallen Stars. You could perhaps farm up 20 or so of them and save them for a rainy day or something, but eh. I never bothered personally.

3) Is the Magic missile worth keeping at this point? I'm currently at the area where I'm going to hell often and not doing too bad, but I'm trying to get rid of inventory junk at the same time.

No real reason to use the Magic Missile to be honest. Get the Flamelash from the Underworld (in a Shadow Chest). It does the exact same thing as Magic Missile, only it can set enemies On Fire, and it does 32 instead of 22 damage.

EDIT: Also if you are a ranged character and want an easy WoF kill, look into a Hellwing Bow. If you decide to try it, get Wooden Arrows. It is auto-fire, it fires fast, and if you use wooden arrows, it fires special projectiles that can pierce enemies and can hit larger enemies twice per projectile. The only downside is that it is a "spray and pray" weapon; its accuracy is not that great. But, on something like WoF... you can rip it to shreds fast with that thing.

Sadly, its low damage makes it useless in Hardmode, but the WoF doesn't have that much defense thankfully.

Bubble Gun.

This thing tears up at close range and uses barely any mana. Additionally, with Spectre Hood it heals like crazy
[doublepost=1517552178,1517551981][/doublepost]Bee weapons are my favorite tho. I've made it clear that I want Bees in Hardmode

@Gabragon the dragon :

BTW, one thing I think I forgot to mention (I might have mentioned it earlier in the thread).... if you have Corruption in your world, when you get to Hardmode, I highly recommend you take the time to fish up a Toxikarp.

It's a ranged weapon that does INSANE damage, but it has a very short range.

The weapon will mow down anything. It has a rather strong knockback for a ranged weapon and the rate of fire is insane, and it does not use ammo or mana, which makes it infinite use (it is, however, considered a ranged weapon for armor bonus purposes). Just hold the mouse button down and anything trying to melee you will get slimed to death. It even works on early Solar Eclipses (at least until the beefier stuff starts showing up).

Back
Top Bottom