What is your swear-by-it weapon?

beenades and hive pack.I have killed over a thousand bosses with this wombo combo.You dont want to know how much i use throwing weapons at all

Blowpipe.

Do you realize just how much this weapon demolishes the Jungle at the start of the game? You kill a single Hornet, and you get a 100 of extremely powerful early-game ammunition, which you can use to kill more Hornets more easily and get more ammo.

You can get a Boomstick, Ivy Whip and Blade of Grass right at the beginning of the game if you get a Blowpipe.

Blowpipe is so goddamn good and everyone should use it.
not to mention it has hardmode equivalents.

anyway im going to say the seedler because I got frost armour,a few fasks of ichor and a seedler and without updating my gear once I demolished everything from the destroyer to golem (also survived a post plantera eclipse and almost beat duke fishron)

I have a lot of weapons that I will always use, but there are bound to be weapons that I haven't tried yet.
Pre-hardmode- Water Bolt, Bee's Knees
Early hardmode- shadowflame knives and bow, daedalus bow, nimbus rod, magnet sphere, amarock, death sickle
Post-Golem- terra blade/influx waiver, possessed hatchet(which I prefer over paladins hammer), scourge of the corruptor/vampire knives, and yoyo's as you get them up the tiers
End Game- pretty much all of them

Throughout the tiers...

Before EoC:

-Grenades
-Amazon (usually one of my first major goals, as soon as I get something that can kill anything in the Jungle)
-Frostbrand (if you get lucky enough to find one)
-Enchanted Boomerang (usually the first weapon I find that can actually kill stuff; I'll keep this for something later)
-Water Bolt (if I'm lucky enough to see one spawn on the surface)

EoC-EoW/BoC:

-Vilethorn (if Corruption)

Rest of Easymode:

-Flamarang (probably one of the easiest things to kill Skeletron with, also nice for EoC farming)
-Night's Edge (duh..)
-Phoenix Blaster
-Hellwing Bow (probably one of the easiest things to kill WoF with other than maybe Beenades)

Early Hardmode:

-Amarok (usually first thing I try to get)
-Bladetongue (if Crimson)
-Toxikarp (if Corruption)
-Nimbus Rod (I prioritize farming this during rain)

Post Mechs:

-Yelets (obviously)
-Terra Blade (if you got the right kind of Temple Entrance to farm Solar Tablets Pre-Plantera, otherwise you gotta wait)

Post-Plantera

-Eye of Cthulhu (obviously, lol)
-Solar Eruption

And..... that covers like 80% of the weapons I'll use during a whole playthrough unless I am purposefully doing some kind of challenge or something.

EDIT: I did not include the Daedalus Stormbow... now obviously, that is such a wicked overpowered weapon...... so powerful, I purposefully don't use it unless I really want some S&G or something. Otherwise it would definitely make the Early Hardmode list.

Phantasm Bow with the holy arrows for sure. Like the pure destruction that thing causes is insane with holy arrows. Don't get me started

Whenever I find a slime statue early game I always set up a make shift farm early game to get a slime staff even though I could immediately upgrade to an imp staff by getting a reaver shark

I find the Imp Staff to be very underwhelming.

The slow projectile speed mixed with the slow rate of fire makes it a very lack-luster weapon. I find that even the Hornet Staff is better despite its lower damage purely because the projectile flies faster and the bee seems to fire either at the same rate or maybe even slightly faster. The bee also flies around faster too.

The only thing the Imp has going for it, is that its fireballs emit light where the bee's stingers don't. But that's a non-issue, really as by that time, you got millions of torches (or access to such).

The bee/wasp gun
They use so little mana, but send out multple projectiles that home! Don't use em' for bosses, but for everything else pre golem, these are golden.

I'd like to say "Death Sickle" but sometimes even this godly weapon is too unreliable.

There are many great weapons.
But...
My personal favorite is the Possessed Hatchet. Here's why:
- It has autoswing
- It has incredible speed.
- It has even higher speed, if you're close to enemy.
- IT HAS EVEN HIGHER SPEED if you build up speed through your modifiers.
- It almost always hits the target
- It has little bit of reliable lighting.
- It's possessed by a merciless spirit seeking blood and vengeance.

Regardless of what armor path I end up choosing, it is without fail that I must obtain a Megashark. It's a great reliable ranged weapon and it's not overly difficult to get.

Back
Top Bottom