What is your swear-by-it weapon?

death sickle. if used right, it can easily defeat plantera and golem, as well as work very well for the moon events.

Pre-hardmode: Demon Scythe & Night's Edge.
Pre-Plantera hardmode: Night's Edge & Nimbus Rod.
Post-Plantera hardmode: Magnet Sphere & Sniper Rifle. Vampire Knives if available.
Post-lunar stuff: Solar Eruption (this thing is amazing), Star Wrath, Sniper Rifle.

Yes, I love the Sniper :D

The breaker blade for early hardmode. I really wish there was an endgame BFS, nothing fancy like spewing projectiles or raining stars. Just sheer size, damage and knockback.

Medusa's Head. I got one early in a mage-only playthrough, and never needed another magic weapon until hardmode. I was still using it up until the time came to fight the Mechanical Bosses. For that matter, it might be good against the Destroyer.

Razorblade Typhoon was great in 1.2.4, but now that the mana cost has been effectively more than halved you can't go wrong with it.

Demon Scythe. Not only does it deal respectable damage, but it's also good for getting enemies off of your back if you're a mage; most mobs try to run into you, and no matter where you aim, a Demon Scythe will hit an enemy AND knock it away from you if you're getting swarmed; plus, because of the slow velocity when it's first fired, it'll often hit that enemy multiple times and rack up good damage. Was a mainstay in my arsenal up until just after freakin' Plantera, it saddens me that the Unholy Trident doesn't have the same velocity mechanic that the Scythe does because it's pretty meh without it.

4 out of 5 dentists approve Vampire Knives. They just keep me alive. And that fifth dentist doesn't know what s/he's talking about.

I used the cutlass for almost 1/3 of my time in hardmode, because I couldn't get any better swords.

My new endgame standby is the Terrarian. With the Yo-yo Bag equipped, it just wrecks everything in sight. It's not as good as the Star Wrath at farming events, especially the lunar pillars, but for everything else, it's great.

The Nebula Arcana with Nebula Armor is good too and can faceroll the lunar pillars on Expert. I used two teleporters, one high and low, wired to 1-second timers and simply held down LMB to kill Duke Fishron with that thing.

Water Bolt

That is the pre-hardmode king.

You start off with only 20 Mana. You can cast this, what, twice? but it destroys zombies.

Then you get more mana

Then you can spam it

Then, you can kill the WoF with it.

I only wish that it helped in Hardmode, or had a Hardmode equivalent.

Clockwork assault rifle was my first ever WOF drop and i used it up to the mechanical bosses. Now that expert and such is out and more end game equipment its lost its touch in the end game but its still fantastic. Other than that, Razorblade Typhoon is weapon i always have on me. its just so good. For pre hardmode: the beegun. its not the strongest thing ever, but its extremely effective at killing nearly any enemy, especially if youve got a hive pack

My favorite weapon for when it was current tier is Flairon. That thing was so OP in its time it was ludicrous. Its still relatively good even though the latest tier of weapons has way higher listed damage.

If its the current tier, I guess my favorite weapon is the Stardust Dragon Staff. With full summoner gear it hits like a truck and bypasses walls. However, its my #1 because its terrific no matter what your specialization. Just leave it on, and let it do 1/3 of the work. Too good.

Terrarian is basically the new Flairon with the Yoyo bag equipped.

S.D.M.G. also gives me massive 1.1 nostalgia.

Last Prism is objectively the best weapon in the game for both crowd control and single target DPS if you can mitigate the massive mana cost when focus firing it. I like it, and yet I'm annoyed it obsoletes every other magic weapon in the game. :(

Pre-Hardmode: Ruby/Diamond Staff (This thing is my weapon of choice up until the WoF, it is great for battling bosses, and destroying mobs. Especially the Hornets of the Jungle)
Early Hardmode: Dao of Pow (With the new DPS display, I was able to see that it can easily do around 330-700 DPS, it is great for many types of enemies and can also be used on some HM bosses as well)
Late Hardmode: Flarion (It was the most powerful weapon at the peak of 1.2 and is still a lifesaver for taking on the Lunatic Cultist and Lunar Event before getting Lunar Weapons. It is also possible to get it early which makes it very useful for battling Plantera and Golem if you can beat Fishron 1st)

Back
Top Bottom