What items burn in lava? (specifically Rod of Discord)

ShadowZapper

Terrarian
Hello all, I'm currently making a farm for the Chaos Elementals, as I'm trying to get a Rod of Discord. Chaos Elementals are tricky because they teleport around so I need to kill them fast, my idea is to use a combination of traps and a small layer of lava on the floor. My first question is, what type of trap will best suit this farm (check pic) and my second question is, will lava burn the Rod of Discord if it drops? I really want to be careful and not ruin my 1/500 chance, I know that copper coins burn, but is the Rod of Discord big enough to not get burnt? Thanks a lot.
terr.png

Any white or gray item burns away, so yeah, your rod will be safe, as well as most other drops. If an item's name is coloured then it won't burn.
Coins, low tier metals, tiles, homemade low tier weapons, furniture etc. are types of 'white' items, while gray items are the garbage items you sometimes fish up.

Make two ramps leading up to a shallow lava pit that you stand under. Make sure there's a water candle, as well as 84 blocks of space on your sides, as well as a 47 block height above you. I'm working on this myself. Died multiple times to Medusas from a nearby cave, until I got the mirror accessory.

Back
Top Bottom