What jokes don't make sense to you?

And to this day, I still don't understand inb4. How lovely.

From what I understand of the little I've researched of this phrase, it commonly means "In Before (Already Mentioned)". I think it is used when someone wants to mention something about a topic before anyone else does.

Pretty much anything potato related. You know what I'm talking about.

I'm guessing most Potato Jokes are related to how GLaDOS from Portal becomes a Potato at some point? I agree that it doesn't make sense how those jokes are funny.

Jokes about Religion in general I also fail to see how they are funny. It is an extremely slippery slope to mock a person's beliefs which pretty much makes fun to the very core of a person which isn't something to laugh at. When writers of a medium go out of their way to make fun of an aspect of a religion and mocking its followers it is almost like tempting fate for them to be attacked by extremists. While it doesn't make the actions of the Extremists okay by any means, it really isn't surprising to see why they were attacked seeing how important Religion can be for people.

The chicken crossing the road joke, never got it and leave the damn chicken alone

It's an anti-joke. The joke is that you start off with something that sounds like it should be the setup to a joke, but then the punchline is 100% serious. The humor comes from the contrast between what you expect and what you get. You can find a whole compendium of other anti-jokes at places like anti-joke.com.

The Joke I don't understand is:
Boy, that's a lot of fish.
Sources tell me it's from a newer Godzilla title, and how it seemed to be a run-on sentence, but didn't seem to have anything after that phrase...
I certainly don't understand it. Does anybody else get the joke that may or may not exist within that black-hole of a sentence? Anybody?

That's yet another anti-joke. The context is that the army gets a huge pile of fish to lure out Godzilla, which surprises the main character when he sees just how much there is, and the camera zooms in on him like he's going to deliver some kind of clever fish-related one-liner, but instead he just makes the blatantly obvious observation that there are a lot of them. A lot of people also like to use it as evidence that the movie's writing is bad, though I personally think it's actually one of its more clever lines since they didn't go for the more obvious jokes.

Senpai jokes. I don't even know what a senpai is, sounds like a homoerotic massage.

"Senpai" is a Japanese honorific for a senior or upperclassman, like someone else said. It's a reference to a lot of low-quality highschool romcom anime where a common trope is younger girls getting crushes on their upperclassman but, rather than acting on them, just waiting passively for said upperclassman to "notice" them. This is a result of Japan's relatively conservative values system which discourages sexual and romantic aggression.

While it's not a bad trope on its own, especially since it is something that happens often in the real world, it's so grossly overused in anime as a lazy writing crutch that it's become an inside joke in the otaku community.

I never got the phrase inb4. Shotte tried explaining (though vaguely) once but I know nothing of it. It might not even be a joke for all I know.

It literally means "in before" but is usually used more like "I predict" or "I'm calling this". It just means you're getting your prediction in before the thing actually comes to pass.

Are Yo mama jokes even relevent now? Cause there is this kid at my church who spouts them, even in cases where they don't make any logical sense whatsoever. They make sense when used correctly but the "funny ones" are rare in supply.

Lots of jokes suck, so here is a decent one:

A neutron walks into a bar, gets some drinks, then asks the barman "how much is this gonna cost me?"
The barman says "for you, neutron, no charge"

Get it? Cuz neutrons have no charge!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lots of jokes suck, so here is a decent one:

A neutron walks into a bar, gets some drinks, then asks the barman "how much is this gonna cost me?"
The barman says "for you, neutron, no charge"

Get it? Cuz neutrons have no charge!?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
i think this thread is about nonsensical jokes rather than jokes that suck.
(also that is a pretty neat pun and i will fight you over it (9*^*)9 )

69 is a reference to anal
i personally say derp when i do something stupid or mess up
as for the other two idk

No 69 is a position. Hence 69. The numbers match the individual person. But your probably too young, I dunno. It's hard to tell what age people on here are

People need to stop explaining things that have already been explained. If you have the time to find posts that need answering, you have the time to check if it's been answered yet.

Using the words "Herp" or "Derp" in situations. Don't know what they mean or why they are used.

It was coined by the creators of South Park and are simply newer forms of "dur" and "duuh", all being words to portray stupidity.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/derp

As well as when the number 69 is used, which seems to be a thing now.

The meaning has been explained enough, but I want to add that 69 is not new and has been a thing for just about ever.

Dunno if anyone said it before, but the classic joke:
"Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!"

What's on the other side? What made the chicken switch sides? Why am I taking this joke seriously?

What's on the other side? What made the chicken switch sides? Why am I taking this joke seriously?
"The other side" is the afterlife. The chicken dies while crossing the road

"No because kane."

Seems to be a joke or something from the Terraria Online, but consider the time I'm joining, I can't get it.

"No because kane."

Seems to be a joke or something from the Terraria Online, but consider the time I'm joining, I can't get it.

Kane is the admin of Terraria Online, though the site itself is owned by the Curse Network. Curse never cared about the site because we weren't Minecraft or LoL or whatever other 'big time' game, so they let the site fall into disrepair. Not surprisingly, many people blamed the admin, not knowing about the Curse issue, so it became a running gag that everything that was wrong or couldn't be fixed was Kane's fault, similar to the modern gag of saying "thanks Obama" whenever anything bad happens, like stubbing a toe or whatever.

Not only was it asked before but I explained it, too:

It's an anti-joke. The joke is that you start off with something that sounds like it should be the setup to a joke, but then the punchline is 100% serious. The humor comes from the contrast between what you expect and what you get. You can find a whole compendium of other anti-jokes at places like anti-joke.com.

Back
Top Bottom