What Keeps You Playing?

EnragedCow

Terrarian
Hi everyone! I'm brand new to Terraria, as well as the forums here, and am really looking forward to learning more about the game! I've never really played a crafting/building game like this, so it'll be interesting to see how creative I can get.

One thing I'm curious about: Re-Logic announced that Terraria has passed 20 million copies sold, which is bonkers! What has kept everyone playing for so long? Why do you think Terraria, a game released in 2011, continues to hang out in the Steam Charts top 20? Is it the community? The ability to be creative with builds?

I love seeing the community post builds they're proud of. I'm hoping to share my own soon enough! If you've got any tips for a beginner like me, please let me know! Also, feel free to add me on Steam: EnragedCow.

Hey EnragedCow and welcome to the forums, and if I had to give an answer to what keeps this game popular I'd say it's the variety of playstyles to choose from and how creative you can get. If you want tips then I'll need to know what part of the game you're in.

It provides an endless loop of drip-fed pleasure. You can experience the feeling of that item you've been grinding for an infinite number of times.

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to Terraria, as well as the forums here, and am really looking forward to learning more about the game! I've never really played a crafting/building game like this, so it'll be interesting to see how creative I can get.

One thing I'm curious about: Re-Logic announced that Terraria has passed 20 million copies sold, which is bonkers! What has kept everyone playing for so long? Why do you think Terraria, a game released in 2011, continues to hang out in the Steam Charts top 20? Is it the community? The ability to be creative with builds?

I love seeing the community post builds they're proud of. I'm hoping to share my own soon enough! If you've got any tips for a beginner like me, please let me know! Also, feel free to add me on Steam: EnragedCow.

Hello there and welcome to Terraria !

Well, in points of creativity, i stick to Minecraft, since im more of a technical player, i like to construct complex machines and computers that fullfill alot of tasks at once. Picture generating or fancy Towers where never really something i got into.

I play Terraria for the main reason to find the best and strongest solutions to fight Bosses and Defeat the Event's as Quick as possible. Its like a speedrun for me, thats why i named me like that haha.

Most of the time when playing, i stay in my "Workspace"-Complex on my Main map that contains various Fighting-Arenas with Trap-Systems, Warehouses as well as Training-Areas and combining weapons, accessoires and tactics, summoning bosses over and over and over again, stoping the times and try to create guidlines and strategys which lead to the quickest win.

But it can be thrilling as well ! I like the challenge, for now i think i hold the mobile version world record in most stage advances during Frost Moon No-Tec Solo.

So if you ever need help with the fighting system in Terraria, just message me and we will get it done, smoking ciggar like a boss while the Monsters get's evaporated ! :D;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, EnragedCow! If you want my opinion of your question, I guess it is because Terraria has many bosses to fight, dozens of weapon and equipment to find and collect, and almost endless opportunity to build the home or villages of your desire.

Glitches, I enjoy seeing how much a game can break. I love seeing how far the boundaries can be pushed. I love doing what other are too afraid to do. I love this game cuz it has glitches that are easy and fun to do, some game breaking, some not so much. I prefer glitches that either break the game or look funny, like slime mount invincibility glitch/exploit. I mean Terraria is a good game, but like every game I play some dumb idea comes to my head and then five seconds later im glitching through the map. Beautiful but also interesting at the same time, I guess. Wouldn't you agree?

Hi, EnragedCow! :) Welcome to the forums and to Terraria! I think the reason I still play the game is probably the replay value. I've beat the game 2 times and still haven't even played beat every boss, played as even half the classes available, or downloaded a single mod. Whenever I started up a fresh melee character, it was a totally different experience to when I played as a ranger. Plus there are so many items to collect, NPCs to rescue, and things I still want to add to my base that I still can log on every day with a new goal to complete. I really enjoy being a part of the community as well, and look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Best of luck,
rc8

Back
Top Bottom