What large-scale mechanical build is a good and useful project?

Dukky_

Terrarian
Recently, I've obtained the Grand Design, and have also been watching some Terraria YouTube videos including various traps and mechanisms. Now so far, the only things that I've basically done with mechanical things is hook up a pressure plate to heart/star statues, wire some huge scale teleporters, and wire up some spiky ball traps to kill and monsters below my crimson mob farm that nay take up the spawn rates. With that said, I have basically no expertise with the mechanical side of Terraria, and, having beaten the Moon Lord now, would like to take on some cool large scale projects involving wiring. Before now, I haven't really been that focused on making the world interesting, pretty, not corrupt and things like that. However, recently, I realized that my storage system consists of a bunch of chests all over my house, meaning that I have to fly up and down, pausing to quick stack on every floor. This made me want to build a better storage system, so I built a huge chest full of little chests. This inspired me to do more projects, and now I'd like to do a wiring/mechanical one. Any ideas? Thanks!

Out of many of the things posted here, I'd have to say the most practical machines for the average user either involve Heart Statues or are the Truffle Worm farm that DicemanX posted ages ago.

Your own values of "practical" may vary, though. For all I know, for you a practical machine is wiring up a death chamber to your teleporter system that semi-randomly yeets the player into an inescapable death box just to kill your friends.

Wow! Thank you guys so much! By a statue arena, do you mean a hige arena that has a bunch of statues hooked up and will allow me to fight them?

Out of many of the things posted here, I'd have to say the most practical machines for the average user either involve Heart Statues or are the Truffle Worm farm that DicemanX posted ages ago.

Your own values of "practical" may vary, though. For all I know, for you a practical machine is wiring up a death chamber to your teleporter system that semi-randomly yeets the player into an inescapable death box just to kill your friends.

So I think I'll make the truffle worm farm. Thanks!

Yes, that's what I mean. I recommend using jungle temple traps and encasing the statues in boxes below your platforms using crab statues and other low health enemies. This allows you to get health as you run past.

(For boss fights)

Yes, that's what I mean. I recommend using jungle temple traps and encasing the statues in boxes below your platforms using crab statues and other low health enemies. This allows you to get health as you run past.

(For boss fights)
Ooohh that's actually really clever! I'd never thought of that! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom