What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

23B4Ss9.png

And incase someone asks, no, I did not beat Duke Fishron.

when i first played terraria , i thought wood walls would protect me from the zombies , placed em around me and said "YOU LOSE :p" then screamed after i saw it go very close to me.

Hah I just remembered a great one! When I first started playing, I traveled to the Corruption. I got some ebonwood, and instantly assumed that the name of the Corruption was the Ebon. I used this name for quite a while until I started talking to some of my friends, who corrected me.

The friend who got the game for me somehow convinced me that Summoner was incredibly overpowered and told me to go that class for our first multiplayer run. I spent the entire thing thinking it was possible to be bad at Terraria and that I was simply awful at it all. Only until far after that run did I learn that no, Summoner is not good for a first-time player and you shouldn't ever solo it with only a chlorophyte sword as backup by the time of moon lord.

I think my best misconception of Terraria involves the Corruption:
It was my very early days of Terraria, back in 1.0.6. I had started a softcore character, got a bit of stuff (Like copper armor), and felt I was good enough to do mediumcore. At this time, I had not known about the Corruption. So, when I started exploring the world with my mediumcore character, I kept traveling left. Soon enough, the sky started turning orange (back when Corruption turned the sky orange) and these weird flying creatures started coming after me. I had thought I reached the edge of the world and hi-tailed it out of there.
Only a few days later did I find it it was not the edge of the world and was in-fact a normal biome. Best part was that I knew about the Jungle and Dungeon, but not the Corruption and somehow I thought I reached the edge of the world before hitting any of those two.

Some players said in my forums:

Mechanical bosses are easy.

But in reality it is difficult to beat one
[doublepost=1507262266,1507262031][/doublepost]
Some players said in my forums:

Mechanical bosses are easy.

But in reality it is difficult to beat one
but in very early days of my gameplay (almost 2 years old when my age is 10), I have seen the crimson.. I hatedit

Outnoob this:

I played the game when it was released, didn't know anything about it, just saw a picture or short video and liked it so....

Thought it was a side-scroller.. walked in one direction until night fell, wondered why zombies were so OP at stage 1.

nooooooobbbbbb....

Last edited:
on my very first world, my corruption spawned in my snow biome and was litterally just 1 tiny chasm, no corrpt grass or corrupt snow and there was like 2 shadow orbs (this was back when mobile edition was worthless and buggy) so i couldnt spawn the eater of worlds and i had to make a new map lol. so yea i thought that the chasm was just a random hole in the ground for the longest time, oh and i also thought the demon alltar was a monster because it used to kill you when u mined it

I thought that copper was good (because it was a metal) so I used my copper shortsword to fight the EOC (I lost) the next day my friend told me wood was better I thought he was lying, then we PVP'd.......

When my friend told me "Corruption is harder than Crimson"

So I fought the BoC with a rain coat and a spear

totally kicked his :red: *sarrcassmmee*

Ahh... back to the old console days, I have LOTS.

I thought that you had to beat the mech bosses in order (twins, destroyer, skeletron prime) or you couldn't fight Plantera. I knew something wasn't right when I fought the twins with a night's edge and mini shark with molten armor.

I also had no idea that pyramids existed, and when one of my friends who played mobile found one, I just thought "pssh, must be another one of those trashy mobile exclusives."

And who could forget the time I spent HOURS searching for spider caves in my 1.1 world... :sigh:

I remembered that I felt doing amazing in Copper Armor, a Mining helmet and a grappling hook. Small progress like that felt good.

And there was that time I didn't noticed a Blood Moon happened, so I was wondering why there were so many zombies out there, breaking into my house.
I also tried to fight back with a Light's Bane, because I thought it was a good weapon back then.

(It didn't work)

When I first got Light's Bane, I was so impressed. I thought I'd gotten a legendary sword. Better yet, I forged it with Godly, and at the time I thought that was the best modifier, because, well, Godly.

Oh, and when I first came across the Crimson (different world, it was with friends) - it was finding a vein of red ice leading down a snow tunnel. I thought it was the entrance to some secret dungeon, and I mined some red ice to use in my house because how cool was that.

Back
Top Bottom