What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

I have a lot of these:
  • Entering the Snow Biome without anything to keep you warm (Basically, a torch) will freeze you
  • Sand and Water makes Quicksand
  • The Corruption is an actual corrupted database in the game
  • There are natural spawning habitable homes
  • A Thirst and Hunger feature
  • Creative Mode
  • A Minecraft crafting feature
  • Durability for tools, armor and accessories
Don't blame me, blame my brain.

I thought that natural walls could be used for housing, and that walls didn't drop themselves. It lasted until I looked at the wiki to confirm I had it wrong.

My husband just got me Terraria for Christmas, and he thought he was getting me a building/farming/exploration sim. He was shocked when I told him that critters are trying to kill me more or less CONSTANTLY.

I do play RPG's -- I was crazy for The Witcher -- but it's weird to end up playing Diablo when you think you'll be playing Stardew Valley. :)

Last edited:
For my good old ancient console days, I thought that the Hallow had the ability to stop the Corruption and respectively spread over the Corruption. Me and my brothers would just place one block in the middle of a Corrupted area, hoping that it would eventually even out into a safe, Hallowed area. Needless to say, our efforts were in vain.

I thought this.
me: gosh darn what do I do to kill this giant eye
albert einstein's brain: spam water bolt at it in an enclosed area
my peanut brain: use your gold broadsword
Despite that, I still won after my brain eventually thought to use the stupid water bolt.

That the Corruption chasms were just a fluke in the world generation. And that it spreaded pre-hardmode. And it scared the living :red: out of me. Let me tell you, my first month playing the game I didn't go anywhere near where I knew the Corruption was, thinking it was getting closer the whole time. Later on I actually went all the way over to see how far it had really spread, only to find it to be a tiny speck of a corrupt area. And then I was just like -_-

Of course, the very FIRST time I saw the Corruption, I didn't think much of it. I was just like "ooh some purple poison biome", it wasn't until I really found out what it was on the wiki that I became scared.
I had that exact experience. i thought that the further right you went, the more evil the place got and i would eventually find the skeletron castle i saw in youtube vids in the corruption area. i was wrong because it was only a tiny place.
[doublepost=1546375199,1546374843][/doublepost]in the past, i thought you beat the game after you beat the wall of flesh and got the pwn hammer. i also thought that mythril was the op end game armour so i was really upset to find out mechanical bosses existed and i had to fight tons more bosses to actually get end game gear...

I thought expert Skeletron was going to be extremely difficult.

Beat him on my first try, with molten of course.:D

Wait this post is a year old why are people just now liking it
Because threads get remembered, but posts never die

I also thought the Terra Blade was the best weapon in the game due to thinking Console/PC are the same as OldConsole/Mobile.

I thought the Meowmere was some fancy Xbox One Excusive rare drop from a random enemy when an endgame player gave it to me. I also thought the Terra Blade was more OP than the Solar Eruption.

Occasional mobile playing before getting console has really paid off =P

Back
Top Bottom