What misconceptions did you have when you started playing?

My friend who plays on pc once told me about martians invading because of a probe, they did not exist on mobile but i didnt know so i used water candles and battle potions for a few hours but nothing then i tried to kill the destroyer and let 1 probe live i was wrong when i researched about it

Not everyone has the patience to fish up like 50 million crates for that. (Maybe slightly over-exaggerated.)
Crate Potion + Sonar Potion can be a nice combo to catch crates.
Also crates that you catch before hardmode, but saved to be opened during hardmode will have hardmode ores which grant you a great boos while entering hardmode.
Wooden crate has 7.14% chance to have hardmode ores/bars, biome crates have 11.11%, iron have 16.66% and golden have 22.22%.

But still, not everyone has the patience for that, I'm not saying it's a bad method, I'm simply saying some people would rather mine for the ores that fish for them.

I also used to think that Acorns were just random drops from trees, but now I know that their number increases with how many branches are on a tree.
[doublepost=1555439026,1555438999][/doublepost]I also didn't think acorns had any point.

Yes, there is. They come from branches, the more branches there are, the more acorns you get. There could possibly be multiple acorns on a branch, or there could just be one per branch, idk. All I know is that the more branches, the more acorns.

1. That Space Gun was the best weapon and NOTHING would ever replace it
2. Dungeon Guardian was a boss we actually had to kill to progress
3. I avoided underground Crimson and Corruption because my friend was like "oooh its very >interesting< down there". I overanalysed that statement and thought there were dungeon guardians down there ^_^''

It was the when the 1.3 update was brand new and the biome key molds we're replaced by the biome keys, so when I got a frost key in early hardmode just after the day I beat the Destroyer. I thought I could already get the Staff of The Frost Hydra, when I reached the frozen chest I kept clicking and eventually just trashed the key... This made me think that in order to open the biome chests, you would need to have a base at that biome.

Last edited:
The little waterfalls and lavafalls you find underground - my friends and I thought they were unpluggable 'leaks' that would slowly fill caverns up with liquid, and you just needed to get away from that area before you drowned.

...Yeah, it wasn't very well thought-out.

Back
Top Bottom