What Mode will you be playing in 1.4?

What mode will you be playing on when Journeys End released?

• Normal

• Expert

• Master

• Journey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dungeonbubble

Skeletron
So I was watching some of the early access videos on youtube of 1.4 and that got me thinking, "What in the world am I going to play?!"
I'm pretty good at terraria, only play expert mode and limit myself to certain classes and challenge play-throughs but with the addition of journey and master mode in 1.4 I have no clue what to start of with. So what are y'all going to start on in Journeys End?

Master, large world, Corruption. Planning to take my time and slowly progress through pre-hardmode getting bases built everywhere with the new teleporters set up (at least, what's available; not sure how the new happiness thing will work), fishing pools in every biome, etc. Gonna be fun.

edit: Once I get the main world to hardmode, I will of course progress a Crimson small world to hardmode as well for the Crimson exclusive drops.

Last edited:
I might try out Journey mode first, so I can skip a lot of grinding and spend more time finding out the new features. I'll have the difficultly scaled up to Expert.

Me too. I've decided that I'm not a huge fan of the grind, but I also do enjoy exploring at my own pace and building how I want without having to constantly stop and harvest more resources from somewhere.

Though I usually do end up emptying out the dungeon of just about absolutely everything, so this will save even MORE time for me!

Plus, I will greatly enjoy being able to shut down those monsoons if I really need some visibility for what I'm doing. I don't like being interrupted when I'm in the middle of a project - And I'm involved in a lot of projects.

Immediately master mode. I didn't think expert mode was that hard at all, for the most part, (except when turtles were doing their beyblade nonsense and doing like 300 damage, that was fun) so I'm excited to see the master mode. Nothing makes me want to challenge something like other people talking about how difficult it is and me wanting to defeat it out of sheer defiance.

I will probably play all of them except Normal since I already started and Expert world, so I'm still going to keep playing it too. But Journey Mode sounds the most fun.

Definitely Master mode, though I feel like I might do journey mode along-side it to test out build ideas and arenas and strategies easier before trying to build them the long way in Master mode

Immediately master mode. I didn't think expert mode was that hard at all, for the most part, (except when turtles were doing their beyblade nonsense and doing like 300 damage, that was fun) so I'm excited to see the master mode. Nothing makes me want to challenge something like other people talking about how difficult it is and me wanting to defeat it out of sheer defiance.
I got wrecked by those turtles WAY too much even in normal mode

I think I might try journey mode then but I do feel that all the options you are given feel a little... cheap. Like disabling spawn rates and freezing and unfreezing time feels op and I don't wanna be tempted THAT much y'know.

I'd love to try Journey mode and fill up the catalogus of duplication. This would really help me in researching items, builds and combinations before I dive into master mode. Making it accessable at any time gives me a lot of freedom.
And with the difficulity slider, I can also practice master mode while at it. :)

I'm going to check out normal mode to see what the changes feel like and adapt to them if needed then play some journey mode to experiment(after duping of course!) With different survival bases and then play master mode.

Normal mode. This way I can experience the new stuff the way I'm used to, don't have the difficulty in my way of finding new things, but also have a decent balanced challenge... the "vanilla" experience so to say, but with all the new stuff. Journey mode isn't really an option for me... I probably wouldn't have the self-control to not make the game easier for me at some point and I like to play with my chars also in different worlds or in multiplayer.

I'm considering going Journey Mode, since I'm starting off 1.4 with a multiplayer playthrough and it would be neat if everyone could share limited items and stuff. Just no godmode, time/weather tweaking, and all of that cheating stuff.

i will go on my normal world and run/fly to the dungeon and cry at its amazingness and then im going on journey mode to check out god mode.

Back
Top Bottom