What order do you go through bosses in expert mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Scout

Terrarian
I am having trouble with expert mode. I have meteorite armor and a good assortment of weapons such as the Phoenix blaster, water bolt, and fiery greatsword. Is this good enough equipment for WoF?

I recommend you bring potions, beenades, and piercing ammo (meter shots, Jesterarrows). All you will really be using is ranged weaponry because he hits way too hard. Theres a great bow you find in hell, but its in a purple chest.

Goodluck :dryadnaughty:

I recommend you bring potions, beenades, and piercing ammo (meter shots, Jesterarrows). All you will really be using is ranged weaponry because he hits way too hard. Theres a great bow you find in hell, but its in a purple chest.

Goodluck :dryadnaughty:
Is it the bow that shoots bats?

I think the Bee's Knees is better than Hellwing bow, but I would rather get lots of beenades and wear a hive pack

Gj on beating WOF! :D

And good luck on the rest of the bosses. Me and a friend have been playing 12 hours a day since the release of 1.3, and we only reached the moon lord yesterday (we made 2 new characters on a new expert mode world), and now we only need to finish the moon lord himself. Doesnt seem too hard though, as he seemed very slow when we fought him the first time. I would say that the first time you fight Duke Fishron, you are in for a harder challenge.

Gj on beating WOF! :D

And good luck on the rest of the bosses. Me and a friend have been playing 12 hours a day since the release of 1.3, and we only reached the moon lord yesterday (we made 2 new characters on a new expert mode world), and now we only need to finish the moon lord himself. Doesnt seem too hard though, as he seemed very slow when we fought him the first time. I would say that the first time you fight Duke Fishron, you are in for a harder challenge.
I'm just wondering, but is it worth fighting duke fishron?

I'm just wondering, but is it worth fighting duke fishron?

I would say yes.

Me and my friend tried beating the Lunatic Cultist after beating the golem, and we lost because he was too fast and avoided all of our attacks. So we decided to take down Duke Fishron to get the flairon, which ofc has homing projectiles. The mount from fishron is also extremely practical for fighting enemies, both normals and bosses. We beat Fishron by building a minecart skybridge across the map, and using the mechanical minecart we were able to outrun him (sometimes he will catch up and hit you, but then he falls back a bit again).
Bear in mind that this tactic has some drawbacks: You will enrage fishron, meaning that he takes A LOT less dmg than he would in the ocean biome, and you will need to keep a close eye on when he goes into his 2'nd stage (he will slow down to transform, and if you keep moving away from him, he will despawn).

The other way is to just build some platforms across the ocean, and use a megashark or similar using chlorophyte bullets to kill him.

In general, I dont think we would have been able to defeat the cultist without taking down Fishron first. The flairon was so freaking strong vs that guy.

I would say yes.

Me and my friend tried beating the Lunatic Cultist after beating the golem, and we lost because he was too fast and avoided all of our attacks. So we decided to take down Duke Fishron to get the flairon, which ofc has homing projectiles. The mount from fishron is also extremely practical for fighting enemies, both normals and bosses. We beat Fishron by building a minecart skybridge across the map, and using the mechanical minecart we were able to outrun him (sometimes he will catch up and hit you, but then he falls back a bit again).
Bear in mind that this tactic has some drawbacks: You will enrage fishron, meaning that he takes A LOT less dmg than he would in the ocean biome, and you will need to keep a close eye on when he goes into his 2'nd stage (he will slow down to transform, and if you keep moving away from him, he will despawn).

The other way is to just build some platforms across the ocean, and use a megashark or similar using chlorophyte bullets to kill him.

In general, I dont think we would have been able to defeat the cultist without taking down Fishron first. The flairon was so freaking strong vs that guy.
Thanks for the advice! I've been farming hallowed mimics and got the flying knife, crystal vile shard, and Daedalus stormbow. IM SO HAPPY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom