What phobias do you have?

5raptorboy

Terrarian
Just a thread about what phobias you have, whether clinically proven or not.
I almost definitely have thalassophobia: the fear of the ocean or concepts associated with it (no land around you or interacting with sea creatures)
I definitely have entomophobia: the fear of insects
Though I'm totally okay with spiders as long as they aren't close enough to touch me.
Also, I think I have acrophobia: the fear of heights.
Maybe trypophobia: The fear of holes, usually irregular ones.
What phobias do you have?
(This thread is not made to make fun of people with certain phobias, so please do not insult people for their phobias)

I have ichthyophobia; a fear of fish, and I have a fear of needles.
My ichthyophobia only includes bony fish though. I'm totally fine with sharks, eels, rays, etc.

I have a quite a bad fear of heights.
I get reluctant to go down an edge at about half to three-quarters of a metre, and by a metre, I just can't without a fair while of mental preparation.

Other than that, I don't really have any.

Acrophobia. Or rather, I used too. Couldn't even look down when I go up to the second floor when I was younger. Now, the only time it manifests itself is when I am falling in my dreams. Oh, and :red:ing rope bridges. At least the latter is rarer than the former.

Probably spheksophobia (aka the fear of wasps). I'm mostly indifferent to bees and other flying insects, but wasps and hornets are another story. I feel extremely uncomfortable when there's a wasp nearby, and even seeing or hearing a hornet is making me panic.

(strange thing, only alive wasps scare me. I feel absolutely no fear towards dead insects or video recordings. Probably it's the fear of being stung)

Sure, have some incredibly personal details.

- Anthropophobia/Sociophobia (fear of people). I don't trust people due to personal reasons. I also hate being in groups and public places (agoraphobia). It takes me a lot of energy to go shopping and stuff like that. Whenever I do go out to a bar or disco or whatever it's because a friend really wants me to, but I don't enjoy even a second of it. The only thought going through my mind is "I can't wait to get home again."
This also leads to another phobia, anuptaphobia. For someone like me relationships are incredibly hard so I have real doubt I'll ever find my soulmate. Yeah, that sucks at least as much as you think it sucks. :indifferent:

- Mysophobia (fear of germs). I rather don't touch people and if I shake hands I wash my hands soon after it. (I wash my hands lots of times per day anyway.) If someone would speak to me and accidentally throw some saliva my way it's clothes in the washer and shower time.
This one time my own mom was chewing bread, said something and lost a small piece of bread from her mouth and it fell into my car. I had to suppress myself from vomiting, bombarded the piece of bread and saliva with cleaning solvents and picked it up with a large wad of paper towels.
Interestingly I couldn't care less about cleaning up my dog's puke and poop. Animal germs don't bother me that much, although they're not allowed to lick me. If they do then I wash, but not thoroughly and my clothes don't have to go into the washer. :p

Except for arachnophobia, I also have a phobia of heat. Dunno the scientific name.
Thermophobia. :)

I have a few phobias but none of them are out of the ordinary.

Acrophobia - Fear of heights.
You will never see me in a gondola.

Arachnophobia - Don't act like you don't know what this is.
Spiders are cool, unless they're all up in my space.

Melissophobia - Fear of bees
If there's a bee then I'm going to book it.

Anthropophobia/Sociophobia (fear of people). I don't trust people due to personal reasons. I also hate being in groups and public places (agoraphobia). It takes me a lot of energy to go shopping and stuff like that. Whenever I do go out to a bar or disco or whatever it's because a friend really wants me to, but I don't enjoy even a second of it. The only thought going through my mind is "I can't wait to get home again."
This also leads to another phobia, anuptaphobia. For someone like me relationships are incredibly hard so I have real doubt I'll ever find my soulmate. Yeah, that sucks at least as much as you think it sucks. :indifferent:

Kind of the same here, though I have a different perspective on it and wouldn't necessarily call it a phobia. Everyone likes to say they have no friends for sympathy and attention, I say I have very little as a fact. Also never had a relationship in my life, nor am I looking for one. I also don't believe in the whole 'soul mate' thing, but I'm a minority on that one and everyone I vocally spoke to people about this replied with 'You don't know :red: about it then'. Well, I don't have to be shot by a gun to know it hurts, but whatever.

Also, I beat you to this thread @Leinfors

Well, to be fair, I did see the thread last night, but didn't want to reiterate the same old argument in this thread that happened in the previous one. :)

No you didn't. That was a complete different thread. It's all lies, all an illusion.

That, and you haven't been given a reason to reignite that talk yet.

I have Emetophobia, (fear of vomiting, to put it blunt.)
Arachnophobia, (fear of spiders, but if you didn't already know that, crawl out of the hole you're living in.)
and Claustrophobia. (fear of tight spaces, etc. Which you probably already knew. At least, I should hope so.)

Megalohydrothalasaphobia
Batophobia
Megalophobia
Fear of the ocean
Astrophobia
Fear of large open spaces
Fear of small spaces

Coulrophobia. It's the fear of clowns, and one of the most common phobias out there. Also aeroacrophobia (fear of high open spaces like hot-air balloons and being on tall buildings) and agraphobia (fear of sexual assault).

Dankphobia: The irrational fear that my memes won't be dank enough.

It's irrational cause my memes are always dank.

Back
Top Bottom