Member-Run Project What Scares You The Most?

Lamprey
(Nasty little things that want to suck you dry)

The Unknown
(A common fear, but still scary nevertheless)

Walls slowly closing in on you.
(A horrible way to go)

undertale.

before you drive an axe through your computer in rage, hear me out. the graphics are creepy. no, I'm not hating on it because the graphics are pixelated, the graphics are actually pretty good, but the style they're done in is creepy. also, the music. it gives a freaky feeling of being alone. here's a list of some of the things I find creepy about it:

the protagonist. yellow skin and NO EYES. just lines. that makes it look like some mindless zombie.
the NPCs. pretty much all of them except the dinosaur kid, sans, and papyrus. I mean, there's one that literally has a HAND instead of a head. how the heck is that not creepy?
the lab(as shown in derpothemagnificent's episode "when milk goes bad").
omega flowey. need I say more?

I would go as far as classifying undertale as a horror game. it gives you the creepy feeling of being alone in a horrible place full of deformed monsters that want to take your soul, and the only way to escape is by killing someone.

the only things I like about it are:
it's funny.
sans, papyrus, and flowey in all forms but omega.
derpo played it.
it's creative.

undertale: where the flowers are creepier than the skeletons.

What scare me the most it cyberbulling, it scared me when i saw the youtube comments on every videos hating each other.

I really don't like being in the dark.
I feel really uncomfortable being in the dark, so even sleeping can be a little bit hard sometimes.
I usually don't show that when I am with other people in the same room, I guess it's because I am at least aware that I am not alone or anything.

The intro to Undertale where after flowey is a jerk and closes your game after killing Asgore. The one with Mike Wazowski instead of Toriel. Scares the living crap out of me.

Im gonna be completlely honest with you guys. My biggest fears are 1. Death and 2. Spiders, insects, anything with more than 4 legs...
[doublepost=1473803427,1473802984][/doublepost]Also, one thing I also hate is if the thing that is coming after you used to be a loved one. Imagine the zombie apocalypse, and you see you mother and father roaming around your childhood home, or having knocked off a headcrab in Half-Life to see your best friend. Its also important to include familar places from your childhood, like your old house, your school, and maybe even a treehouse you made, all withering away...

I don't know if there's a word for it, but things like sudden complete silence or odd, very out-of-place things are scary to me. I feld very anxious fighting the Moon Lord for the first few times, or doing the Escape Pod ending in The Stanley Parable. I'm also scared of spiders, although not of small ones (on holiday I once saw a gigantic spider sitting on the wall in my bedroom - it being very sudden and a large spider, I immediatley ran off to my dad).

I don't know if there's a word for it, but things like sudden complete silence or odd, very out-of-place things are scary to me. I feld very anxious fighting the Moon Lord for the first few times, or doing the Escape Pod ending in The Stanley Parable. I'm also scared of spiders, although not of small ones (on holiday I once saw a gigantic spider sitting on the wall in my bedroom - it being very sudden and a large spider, I immediatley ran off to my dad).
Ah. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I learned about that while reading the "Nothing is scarier" page on T.V. tropes. Sometimes the lack of a thing is worse than anything you can throw at someone.

Reality: Stories that are often fiction (not real) often tend with reality, but play with it to make it feel as if the protagonist is dealing with usual life. However, some stories deal with actual reality. What do I mean? I mean every single negative and positive thing in the world, whatever is left of the positive ones, anyway. You can deal with corrupt politics, abusive parents, suicidal thoughts, everything that really happens on this planet. The true reason why it is so utterly terrifying?

BECAUSE IT IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTROL.

Unlike physical conflicts, reality is a complex problem that affects everything it can touch, which is quite literally everything. It is a monster with its arms of plague infinitely spreading from one side of the world to the other. You cannot escape. While it may be possible to sever one of its arms, another will just grow back, so you're better off conforming to it.

Blankness: Nothing. A void is where you are, ominously waiting for whatever to happen. You don't want to know what's after you, but you don't want it to get to you. you think you hear a noise, a shuffle of someone running past. Who is it? A murderer? A monster? A deadly prank by one of your friends? Or perhaps...something else more terrifying. Suddenly, your eyesight begins to wane and fade, and eventually you are on your knees. You look down, only to see to your horror a blade that has perforated your chest. You fall face first onto the floor, and a pair of hands lift up your head. Before you black out, the black figure smiles as would a demon and whispers the final words you will hear:

S W E E T D R E A M S.

So, yeah, I chose the second thing I fear the most as "nothing", since you don't know anything. Will you die right now, or later? Are the noises in the woods a bird or a beast out for your skin? As quoted by Alfred Hitchcock below:

"There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it."

when i was in 4th grade (2011) from the game half life 2, the headcrab zombies say "Yabba my icing" (when they get caught on fire) which is in reverse "help god, help! help me!" and after I found out abut that, I never wanted to watch half life 2 videos on youtube ever again until recently I bought the game (I'm 15 now so totally not disturbed anymore) and played it.

Back
Top Bottom