Mobile What should I do before defeating WoF?

EUPHORIA*

Terrarian
So I got my Hellstone gear and defeated every boss up to WoF. Now I'm building my base as I left it "for later" and organizing my chests because it was a clusterduck since I can't rename them in iOS version yet. I'm still trying to find the Goblin Tinkerer (army has been defeated like 3 or 4 times) and reading many guides yet I'm still confused a/f as I played Terraria back in 2011/2012 and haven't done it since.

Any tips on what should I do before I go fight the Wall?
I'm doing a melee playthrough. I have found the Jungle Dungeon but I don't enter it yet. Found an Cobalt Shield, but I need to reforge it as it gives me 20 bonus mana... ~:sigh:

I'm thinking of setting up couple of farms or trying to dig a 6block tunnel across corruption? (Should I also add wood in this tunnel?)

Also any recommendations on which accessories I need for an melee warrior/tank (with imp staff :joy: ) ?

Any info or tips r welcome !!! ~:cool:

As a fellow Mobile Tanker, I suggest you don't go melee against the WoF (Except on Multiplayer, go ahead. Just bring a guy with the Meteor set and a Space Gun.) but instead go for the ranged options, like the Beenade (Queen Bee), Meteor set + Space Gun (0 Mana, Meteorite). CQC just doesn't work with the huge gap of distance between you and the eyes/mouth (The bottom eye can be an easier target)

Bonus Tip
Iirc, getting the Witch Doctor requires you to beat the Queen Bee.
Digging a moat in the Corruption pre-HM will probably be useless as beating the WoF spreads a biome's worth of Hallow and Corruption (Or Crimson if you got that)

Good to know otherwise I would have dug it all lmao :confused:

So I will work on my world a little and then defeat the wall. What about farms? Anything I need to build prior hard mode?

If you think you're safe, you should make a Dungeon farm with lava and traps. This way when you get the post-Plantera Dungeon, you can safely farm the HM enemies. Another choice would be Key Mold/Soul farms.

I think you're mistaking the Witch Doctor for the Truffle, which requires a surface Glowing Mushroom biome (Which most players choose to build as floating islands)

I've no idea how to make trapped farms... I'm trying to find any info on this, but the best options r reddit posts without any pictures.

I still have no Truffle guy, but I read somewhere that Witch Doctor (which I have as I killed QB like 3-4 times now) needs to be housed in a jungle in order for him to sell some extra items. Is that true?

Also what about the corruption biome? I don't want to get rid of it completely, I just wanna contain it so it doesn't spread after HM. I also will probably separate the jungle and oceans so they dont get infested...

So much to do I can't believe I didn't play this game earlier... xD

Contain the world's evil after you get into Hardmode, that way if the evil spawns over your containment zone, it will all be in vain.

The Witch Doctor needs to be in the Jungle biome (Not necessarily housed) to sell additional items, and a Pygmy Staff for the, err...

For the traps, a simple lava pit will do.

Ehhh I see. Well, is it possible to build a biome bubble or something like that close to my base for him?

Yes, you need a lot of biome blocks. Lihzahrd Bricks will do, but you don't have the Picksaw yet. You can use Mud + Jungle Grass Seeds for now, but it might spawn enemies.

Also, your Cobalt Shield will come in handy. Those Hungries/Fire Imps/whatnot will knock you far so it helps to have one equipped.

Nice, thanks! I will start building a biome bubble for him with a sky lake integrated into it for fishing (have to start doing it at one point or another)
Funny thing is that yesterday I tried to start seperating the jungle and right under my tunnel there was a freaking bee hive #2 -_- ~:mad:

Pray that the Evil Biome doesn't intersect with the Jungle

upload_2019-2-6_23-2-34.png

technically, even if you dig a hole around it, it doesn't change the chance of it being affected by the giant V of doom

Imho I let it spread, but not too close to my base (Which is a skybase so Idk why I’m even keeping it from spreading)
Before killing wof, try and move npcs to skybase or above ground cause otherwise wrath’s will just murder them and whenever a event comes...

Imho I let it spread, but not too close to my base (Which is a skybase so Idk why I’m even keeping it from spreading)
Before killing wof, try and move npcs to skybase or above ground cause otherwise wrath’s will just murder them and whenever a event comes...

Idk, I don't really want to send the rest of my world into oblivion

Back
Top Bottom