What should I do pre-hardmode?

NeonCube

Steampunker
Now that I have 140 Beenades and the bee gun for backup, I don't have the slightest idea as to what to do to "contain" corruption and make early hardmode less of a hell.
I know I have to:
  1. Make hellevators on sides of the corruption biomes (I've heard I have to do the same for the jungle)
  2. Make a sky road for fallen star collection
  3. Make suitable housing for NPCs, 10 or more blocks above the ground
  4. Complete the pylon network
  5. Make the WoF arena
The most concerning thing is I don't know whether or not I can just hold corruption in a blob of non corruptible block or something like that. So I'd appreciate it if there was a cheaper alternative for no. 1. :happy:

If you make a 4 block thick boundary you can put that around the entire jungle and it will not corrupt. I typically have one helevator center of the map and that’s it. You could make just a temporary hotel with 12 rooms so when you get the npcs they are safe and you just assign them to a room. For WoF I just make a wooden platform bridge across all of the lava. Sky road is a good idea too.

Edit: The spread mechanics cannot pass 5 blocks fyi.

If you make a 4 block thick boundary you can put that around the entire jungle and it will not corrupt.
That's cool and all, but is the "vault" strategy effective with corruption biomes too? (I know I can get clentaminator to deal with corruption but I'm not a masochist)

I typically have one helevator center of the map and that’s it.
I won't fill up my other hellevators, but I'll think of having a main hellevator at my base.

You could make just a temporary hotel with 12 rooms so when you get the npcs they are safe and you just assign them to a room.
Nope, I respect NPC happiness :D

For the npcs though you need something built before going to collect them otherwise they will likely die. As far as corruption spread ultimately there is no point to controlling it. I know the dryad tells you a percentage but there is no point to it. Trees are one thing you will want different types (Corrupt, crimson, hallow, normal, etc). Vault strategy I don’t know about but perhaps if you tell me I can give you my input then.

For the npcs though you need something built before going to collect them otherwise they will likely die.
Oh, I thought you meant existing NPCs, not new ones. Thx! <3

Vault strategy I don’t know about but perhaps if you tell me I can give you my input then.
I meant this: (sorry for naming it I guess)
If you make a 4 block thick boundary you can put that around the entire jungle and it will not corrupt.

The only thing is you could make your hard mode world completely clean but with vaulted zones for the 3 types of infections so you could farm the mobs for their drops. That really is the only angle but you will need to know spawn distances etc to get an idea of how large to build each vault then. Not to mention the different wood types.

Pro tip dont smash altars use the rod and fish up HM crates instead. That will prevent random stone blocks from converting. Which is super nice so you no where all the evil is.

Pro tip dont smash altars use the rod and fish up HM crates instead. That will prevent random stone blocks from converting. Which is super nice so you no where all the evil is.
IDK what to think of fishing after the horrible pain angler subjected me to, but OK!

Back
Top Bottom