What significant thing has indirectly Terraria brought to your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarrih

Terrarian
3 years ago, I joined a french terraria forum which doesn't exist anymore. There also was an IRC with it and I met awesome people in it. They became my first true friends ever, and I started changing and thinking about myself by seeing how open-minded they were. This has leaded to who I am today.
I became bissexual and felt in love for someone, it was the first time ever I loved someone. We're not together anymore but this has brought so much to my life:
-This made me way more open-minded
-I discovered what "true friendship" really means, I was alone before all that happens.

Without that forum and that IRC, I wouldn't be the same. Terraria litterally changed my life, indirectly. And it's not even done.
Some months ago I joined Terraria Online and met two awesome people who are now my friends. To me, Terraria isn't only awesome because of what it is by itself. It's also awesome because of its amazing community and the most awesome developers it has. :D

What 'bout you? Has Terraria brought/changed a significant thing in your life? I wanna know. :)

Last edited:
I spend a lot less time outdoors. Thanks Re-logic!

(Seriously, Terraria is gives me a reason to spend my life in the shade)

Games like MineCraft, Terraria and Starbound all rekindled a love for exploration I'd thought long-gone.

Terraria specifically dared to show people that a game don't always have to make perfect sense. They can just be fun for fun's sake.

I started spriting. Not as life-changing as your story but well, I got nothing else.

Ever since I was a little lad I enjoyed building, back then I made entire civilizations out of Duplo. Then of course with the passing of years I made the transition to Lego, but that stuff is ridiculously overpriced. I thank Cthulhu for Terraria: at the cost of one dimension I can build to my heart's content without ever having to fear I'll run out of blocks. Terraria restored that old childhood hobby of mine.

Wasting hours of precious time on my computer -> Might be one of the causes of my lowered medical resistance -> Getting really sick for months -> Failing school -> Developing depression -> This is pretty much where my life is now.
Not really blaming Terraria though, if Terraria wouldn't have existed another game would have sent my life into a downwards spiral, I'm sure.
It's just that that other game is Minecraft. So I'm better off this way.

Lowered grades and gradually becoming more and more anti-social :/. But it led me into learning graphics design,editing and quite a lot of programing skills (Mainly in JS, HTML and C#) which could lead me somewhere in the future I guess.

Terraria brought negative feelings towards games that cost more than $10 but don't even give me 1/4 the quality and/or play length.
Terraria has made me slightly more social... at least online.
Terraria made me realize you don't need to spend a lot of money to have fun.

Terraria has had an impact on school. It has caused me to day dream about it all the time. As a result, I do work for about 5 minutes and then find myself away from the pen and paper, thinking about how to prepare for the pumpkin moon. I could be doing work now, but I'm on these forums.

-It showed me that i'm good at some form of art. Pixel art.
-It made me more creative (kinda sorta)
-More social on the internet.
-Less social IRL.
-More gaming.

All the usual stuff.

Also, it taught me that my troubles aren't :red: compared to the struggles of others. Being under the control of a repressive government (@Milt69466 in China) or losing the love of your life (@Pixel again) make my life look like a walk in the park. If they can get through that and still crack jokes, I can get through a bit of Aspergers, no problem.
[DOUBLEPOST=1427749235][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and RPs on this forum taught me that waiting is a big part of life. Respond, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom