What Song Are You Listening to Right Now?

This is awkward... I'm currently listening to both "Levan Polkka" and "The Count Censored". The former of which can be found here:
. The latter of which I'm not sure whether or not its counted (no pun intended) as a proper song (though I think it passes that check) nor if its appropriate for this thread, as it is more of a joke song, so I won't be linking it.

Bruce Springsteen's The Promised Land. I used to love it, but now it's just a stepping stone on the way to Streets of Fire and Darkness on the Edge of Town.

Four Sea Interludes from Benjamin Britten's opera "Peter Grimes." The ocean's beauty and menace, life's tedium and terror, the human mind's brilliance and dark secret corners, mob hysteria and small-town insularity, the nature of uncertainty and the impossibility of proof in the absence of witnesses are all here.

We'll never know whether Grimes killed his young apprentice, but of his own tragic end there can be little doubt.

I don't think any conductor has outdone Bernstein's version of this deeply disturbing piece.

Note to opera haters: There is no singing; these interludes are entirely orchestral.

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus

Alpha ignis
Signum astralis
Flamma omega
Multiversalis
Alpha ignis
Signum astralis
Domin eius
Prometheus

I don't know what does this mean yet, but it's a catchy song, at least for me

Seventh Mansion of the Vermilion Bird, by me. Six tracks down, five or six to go. Time to add the guzheng.

Back
Top Bottom