PC What the hell is up with the Duplication Menu organization?

MasterworkStone

Duke Fishron
It's almost like they made it bad on purpose, I can never find anything, and a large portion of items aren't even part of one of the sorting tabs, even items that were added with 1.4 itself like Kites and Golf clubs.

It's not sorted alphabetically
it's not sorted by biome
It's not sorted by item type
It's not sorted by usage
It's not sorted by function
It's not even sorted by the tabs they gave it for quickly finding things.
I mean SURE, the search bar lets you find anything, but every time you want to use it you have to go over to the bar, click it, and then type in what you want.
But then why have the tabs at all?

At the very least they could have let it be customizable in some fashion instead of the complete mess it is.

Last edited:
Yeah the menu is a mess blocks, walls and furniture all lumped together on the list of placeables, weapons, armors and vanities subtypes are all intermixed together in a seemingly random and confusing way...

There's a method to the madness, but I'm still figuring it out myself. Here's what I do know that might be a bit counterintuitive if you haven't figured it out already. 🤔🍹
  • Consumables have their own tab, which includes food items, potions & even ammunition. If it's an item that can be reduced to zero, it's considered consumable.
  • The Blocks/ Builder tab considers wood & blocks to be different objects. I'm not sure if this is separated by item IDs, but it's not terribly bad, everything is pretty close to where it should be.
  • The Armor & Weapons tabs seem pretty straightforward, but the way it's organized can admittedly get a lil' confusing. Again, I think it might priorities item IDs instead of the average players assumed rarity or level tier.
I mean, I'm sure there's tons more, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought once I'd gotten used to it.

There's a method to the madness, but I'm still figuring it out myself. Here's what I do know that might be a bit counterintuitive if you haven't figured it out already. 🤔🍹
  • Consumables have their own tab, which includes food items, potions & even ammunition. If it's an item that can be reduced to zero, it's considered consumable.
  • The Blocks/ Builder tab considers wood & blocks to be different objects. I'm not sure if this is separated by item IDs, but it's not terribly bad, everything is pretty close to where it should be.
  • The Armor & Weapons tabs seem pretty straightforward, but the way it's organized can admittedly get a lil' confusing. Again, I think it might priorities item IDs instead of the average players assumed rarity or level tier.
I mean, I'm sure there's tons more, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought once I'd gotten used to it.
Admittedly I am getting used to it too, but even though you have pointed out that there is a method to the madness, it's still madness.

Back
Top Bottom