What type of gamer are you?

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
Everybody is here because of one thing. A video game. That begs the question, what type of gamer are you? Are you conservative, keeping every item no matter how insignificant? How about a rage monster? Maybe just a casual player who does it for the multiplayer.

First off, I am a mixture of a collector (Pokémon), a rage-quitter (Sm4sh), competitive, and adventurer. All of my Pokémon boxes are almost filled, mostly with eye-candy shinies that collect dust. I tend to leave Sm4sh matches when they are too laggy or I get a BS death (happens a lot). I've gotten decent skills, so I consider myself quite competitive in the sense of both not wanting to lose and being able to compete at a decently high level. As for adventurer, I usually never leave a portion of the map unsearched or a worthy foe unfought.

I don't know, hard to say.
I usually play games until I get all achievements or the highest/last trophy available, then I search how I can debug it.
I play almost anything that isn't directly related to sports games.
I also try to get all the best items I can afford to just show off the bits of pixels I own.
Usually that one who hangs around online servers, doesn't speak and makes myself known by destroying/causing havoc.

Honestly, I'd prefer a poll for a post like this.
OT: I'm really in the middle. I rarely take sides, so sometimes I'm a full-on completionist, others I'm a rage-quitter/too lazy.
Summary: Unpredictable.

I can be a "completionist" if completion is based on skills and not randomness (Dynasty Warriors.)

Other than that, I'm not quite sure. I just know the old "stop having fun guys" trope doesn't apply in my case - I only have fun in most games when things are extremely tough - but tough on their own, without needing gimmickry.

OT: I'm really in the middle. I rarely take sides, so sometimes I'm a full-on completionist, others I'm a rage-quitter/too lazy.
There are too many types to put in a poll, and many people are multiple types, such as yourself
I don't know, hard to say.
I usually play games until I get all achievements or the highest/last trophy available, then I search how I can debug it.
I play almost anything that isn't directly related to sports games.
I also try to get all the best items I can afford to just show off the bits of pixels I own.
Usually that one who hangs around online servers, doesn't speak and makes myself known by destroying/causing havoc.
I'd say you're a completionist.
Often a challenger.
If i've beaten the game once, then I want to try to beat it without picking up/using this or that. or beating it in a certain amount of time.
Terraria has a wide amount of choices on how to beat a boss or how to progress, I really like that.

Sadly, I'm a bad builder, I don't get inspiration of using certain material to make something nice.
Only building I've ever done is team-building in Pokémon. My creativity only comes at the least expected times.

Depends on the game. Like.. Let's say I was playing CoD I would be quite competitive. If I was playing a sandbox such as Terraria I'd be more casual.

Yup

To be exact, out of games/genres I've played recently:

Minecraft and Terraria or other building sandbox games: I am more about building contraptions and castles to protect myself
Games like GTA V and Watch_Dogs: I either do missions to gain experience/bring up my rank.. When I am bored, I'll just create havoc
Platformers: I strive to unlock everything in one long run, not matter how many times I've played it.
FPS: My aim is terrible ;-; I am usually free xp
Puzzle games: I get really in depth with it's story and try to get everything unlocked
but none the less, I do not like to give up on games until I get the last trophy/achievement.
I only gave up on one game.
I am sorry Wolfenstein: The New Order.

I am a completionist (?)
I play a game until i finish it 100% unless it talkes more than 1000 hours example i still havent gotten all boss trophys in terraria even after 300 hours of gameplay but i will not give up!

The only game I have ever had struggles in completing was getting the two biome trophies in Terraria.
Everything else was fairly easy.
100% could take me hours or months+ depending on how long the game is and how much I am listening to the cut scenes.

This guy, he knows what he's talking about. What I'm saying is I'm basically this.

Im a resourceful tactician. I try my best to conserve enerything I have, especially in minecraft and terraria. Also i try to prepare for things to the best of my ability, ie setting up arenas, choosing the best weapons, etc.

RPG-Hunter - EXP? Boss battles? Chewing weak mobs with uber weapons? Sign me up..... except when it's too damned though.
Cheater - especially if there's a fun glitch to exploit.
Mindless, Senseless Blood-letter - only because it's fun to kill random people, even if I can't do it in real life unless I make some heavy preparations.
Feeder - Got a team battle? Need someone to buff up the enemy in a MOBA? I'm your player. I so enjoy the moment when I turned from adequate to absolute noob because I didn't get a proper start. :dryadtongue:
FPS Hater - Not really, per se, but I hate how I always end being owned because I suck at FPS. Single-player and easy enemy AIs? Never happier when toting guns. Kinda contradictory with above, right?
Puzzler - Nothing too hard, mind, I'm not that good as I always end up more puzzled.
Anime, Bought Paid and Sold - I'm a sucker for games with anime art-style.
Story Maniac - Got a story to be told through games? It's bad? It's good? It's adequate? Doesn't matter! I'll hear them out! Even if it's about some kittens pawing off someone's face.

Well, according to Steam, I like-
Action games
FPS games
Comdey/Funny games (I bet everyone like these)
Sci-Fi games (Wow, really?)
RPG games
Online Co-Op games (Yeah, I like playing with other people)
Replay Value games (So I guess I like playing games that are worth to replay?)
Rogue-like games
And that's it, basically.

When it comes to open worle games like Terraria, Pokemon, Skyrim: I like to collect EVERYTHING.

For FPS: I like to be super stealthy and shoot people from afar like a Camo Cactus in PvZGW or use a bow and stealth in Skyrim/Oblivion.

I play any genre of game and usually play each genre differently. Although no matter what game it is I usually play as a team player, so I go medic in TF2, spectre hood healer in Terraria, or be the miner in games like Terraria or starbound.

I'm a collector, but only for rare stuff/legendaries. I have one PC Box for every group of Legendaries. I'm also competitive and like to battle with friends and random people. I'm also a pseudo-completionist. I like to finish the post-game completely but sometimes leave alone stuff like Skulltula collecting in OoT. Also I'm an event person. Online or physical I'll participate. And I like being OP. :)

EDIT: @Jetstream Infinity admits he's a stereotype gamer

"I am a stereotype gamer"
-Jetstream Infinity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom