What type of role plays do you want to see

I'm pretty sure there's something along those lines in the Forum Games section, but it's probably dead so you'll have to do a bit of searching.

A roleplay where you can kill a god would be interesting.
And there's not much you can do in the section anyway - it's dead.

Anyway, another good role-play idea could be actually a well-made slice of life RP.

Problem with slice of life RPs is that it really loses motivation for its plot quickly. For something like some anime or whatever, it can last because the writers can continue working on the characters, it relies on only a few people, where with RPs, several people can lose motivation in participating and burnout easier and kill off the RP faster.

Problem with slice of life RPs is that it really loses motivation for its plot quickly. For something like some anime or whatever, it can last because the writers can continue working on the characters, it relies on only a few people, where with RPs, several people can lose motivation in participating and burnout easier and kill off the RP faster.
Yep, if there isn't much to motivate anyone (dictator, end of the world, etc), people aren't gonna feel interested

There's also the fact most RPs on TCF are rather biased on adventure. No adventure, no success.

And motivation, rather than thinking of good lore, seems to be more of a writing prompt.

Last edited:
I'll note that motivation is not 'a writing prompt' as Flask says. Motivation isn't pure writing.
Either way, agreed with Gan, this place doesn't seem to enjoy restrictions.

Thing is that most of the more successful ones follow a freestyle type of RP
Since there's no competition from serious veterans or from dedicated bases that would've used a different system.

Ie. Spacebattles has mostly system-based role-plays because their community is a lot bigger, and there's bound to be some who will create a better role-play.

RJITU wouldn't survive in Spacebattles, but the opposite comes true - Spacebattles RP wouldn't survive in TCF.

TBGs are also different from experience - there, most of the games are based on a setting. But the community is close-knit there, so... no luck for exemplar CoPKMN to be ported into TCF, as you saw before.
I'll note that motivation is not 'a writing prompt' as Flask says. Motivation isn't pure writing.
Either way, agreed with Gan, this place doesn't seem to enjoy restrictions.
Right, sorry. The motivation is bought by simple writing prompts than promising expanded and settled worlds.

I get that different communities have specific styles, but some on one community will prefer a different type compared to others and that's that

The problem with "better roleplay" is it's subjective. Some people prefer freeform, where all that matters more is writing actions to contribute to a story, and system based RPs, such as D&D, focuses on stats and what you can do in the moment instead of the entire story. It simply depends on preference.

I get that different communities have specific styles, but some on one community will prefer a different type compared to others and that's that
Yet they also evolve. Nowadays, you're just going to be hard-pressed to find pony roleplayers outside of Ponytown or other brony sites.

At beginning, when there was many of the story-based RPs on TCF, though... ohh, those were the times. Too bad I wasted most of it not understanding anything.

Yet they also evolve. Nowadays, you're just going to be hard-pressed to find pony roleplayers outside of Ponytown or other brony sites.

At beginning, when there was many of the story-based RPs on TCF, though... ohh, those were the times. Too bad I wasted most of it not understanding anything.
Well, as you said, things change with time, so eh, I'll just move with the flow if I have to

Either way, we shouldn't try to force the community to change. Forcing it to change could just break the community and just kill off this place, which we don't want. If it will change, it will change naturally.

Back
Top Bottom