What type of role plays do you want to see

The problem with "better roleplay" is it's subjective. Some people prefer freeform, where all that matters more is writing actions to contribute to a story, and system based RPs, such as D&D, focuses on stats and what you can do in the moment instead of the entire story. It simply depends on preference.
As with the preference, most people in TCF want more casual roleplays, putting people like me, Chir', etc. in the specific niches. Doesn't mean that neither of us wouldn't roleplay on TCF role-plays, but for us, looking for a fitting enough roleplay may be a bit harder.

And sometimes, you want to write on your idealized exploits - that's another motivation. Not the best, and some will call out on those role-players, but motivation nonetheless.

Either way, we shouldn't try to force the community to change. Forcing it to change could just break the community and just kill off this place, which we don't want. If it will change, it will change naturally.
I realize that I can't change community, so I'm doing smaller steps of actually trying to set one of the examples to myself. Just role-playing in my own style, and not interrupting others. Sometimes a realization that my pacing was horrible helps.

Yeah, but don't think you'll get what you want. The community doesn't answer to one person for this sort of stuff.

Anyways, this thread is about RPs we want to see, not to be arguing about the community or making motivations or whatnot, which we've kinda stretched out, so, let's get back on topic.

I'd say that for the most part, having a nice and blank slate for people to work with tends to do well with this community

Agreed with Ganransu. Most RPs that begin like that do in fact work with this community better than most others. This community doesn't take system based RPs well, considering the many RPs that tried systems before.

Agreed with Ganransu. Most RPs that begin like that do in fact work with this community better than most others. This community doesn't take system based RPs well, considering the many RPs that tried systems before.
At least its Calamity Adventure-era and beyond one. If we can call it the divergence point.

Another one I'd like would actually have a good plot - also impossible in forums, unless it's made as collaboration over thousands of posts.

RJITU had a few decent plots in the past, although I don't remember them well. Dragonwolf (I think) had a decently engaging war plot and there was also a couple of other stories going on with that

That seems like an exception, as few people can make a decent plot. Animus - you count as one who can do a good plot too.

Anyway, something like that (regarding war plot) works with me too.

They say, "you're a smith of your own fate". And it may be correct. For sometimes I too diverge into this in preferring this type.
This comment doesn't really contribute to the topic of making an RP we want to see, and instead seems to be flaunting your own pride. I'm asking for you to refrain from these sort of comments.
At least its Calamity Adventure-era and beyond one. If we can call it the divergence point.

Another one I'd like would actually have a good plot - also impossible in forums, unless it's made as collaboration over thousands of posts.
1. Divergence point is not a good term for this. It doesn't really diverge from anything, as it's still in the RP category.

2. That's subjective and vague. Just saying RP with 'good plot' gives nothing for us to build on.

The best way I can put a "good plot" into some sort of summary is something that involves some compromise for those involved in the plot, as well as free space for other people to join while staying engaging to everybody involved

This comment doesn't really contribute to the topic of making an RP we want to see, and instead seems to be flaunting your own pride. I'm asking for you to refrain from these sort of comments.

1. Divergence point is not a good term for this. It doesn't really diverge from anything, as it's still in the RP category.

2. That's subjective and vague. Just saying RP with 'good plot' gives nothing for us to build on.
Sorry for that - for sometimes my ambitions need to be curbed by reality.

1. I meant it's just a personal viewpoint where the system-based era ended for real, and began the freeform era.

2. And that might've come from my shortsightness - as Ganransu explains and corrects me.

---

For yet another hope-to-see RP, an actual fully Pokemon RP that isn't dead works too.

1. I meant it's just a personal viewpoint where the system-based era ended for real, and began the freeform era.
Alright, so, it's less of an Era and more gradual change happening. Audiences will have different preferences over the years and as sad as it is, some things become less preferable compared to others with the changing times. For instance, a freeform RP may be better suited to audiences with busier schedules who may not have the kind of time it would take to work with a system based RP and vice versa

Alright, so, it's less of an Era and more gradual change happening. Audiences will have different preferences over the years and as sad as it is, some things become less preferable compared to others with the changing times. For instance, a freeform RP may be better suited to audiences with busier schedules who may not have the kind of time it would take to work with a system based RP and vice versa
I may disagree. There always are timezones. I feel like a freeform RP would be better suited to audiences with either:
- Busier schedules (not too busy though)
- No timezone problems.
And a system-based RP would work better if:
- People are less busy
- Some timezone problems that would've disabled you from freeform as primary choice due to lightning speed
- You don't feel like doing freeform.

If you have really major timezone problems - and almost no time - you're out of luck. There's almost no turn-based RPs. And definitely no alive ones, for GMing is a tiring job.

Still, as much as I'd disagree, freeform wins in TCF.

----

Another idea - When you're stuck in the X world as yourself. Where X can be any series.

I dunno, the thought of how people would act in a world totally alien to them in just about every way is an interesting thought, along with how they will conform to the social norms of such a world and how well they could adapt to its principles and logic

Eyyup. And imagine if you were also different species in the world - (and my preference ) even if only going to change after being pulled into said world. Of course, becoming a character from said universe is an option there, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom