What type of role plays do you want to see

I think freeform roleplays work better in an area where there's not really much of a plot advancement, and it follows a more pick-up-and-play style.

This may be biased, as I've seen and played a lot of freeform RPs in Minecraft servers, which usually don't follow a plot too strictly, and just provide a sandbox to do what you'd like. There may be a story, and there may be guidelines and rules, but the rest doesn't follow too much of a plot.

With places like TCF, I've noticed every RP I've seen has continuity, and may have a plot. It kind of makes sense, since you're not resetting the whole thing every time everybody goes offline, but it means freeform RPs are a bit hard to get into, as you have to know things prior to joining.

So, I decided I'd look through this thread for ideas, and I saw some things that interested me, so has anyone got any updated thoughts on what they'd like to see?

To be honest, I'd like to see a freeform roleplay (any characters, no set plot, etc.) but it's kinda hard to effectively do that in TCF as you'd need to go back and forth between messages, plus the limited amount of characters per message, resulting in important information in the RP being kind of lost, at least in my experience.

A freeform RP would be easier to pull off in Discord as you can make several channels for discussion, character applications and the actual story, plus a channel for relevant information.

Actually, it's hard to pull it off on Discord as well, reason being Discord burnout and even less amount of characters per message.

Plus, from the experience (source: the websites), not everyone has one.

To be honest, I'd like to see a freeform roleplay (any characters, no set plot, etc.) but it's kinda hard to effectively do that in TCF as you'd need to go back and forth between messages, plus the limited amount of characters per message, resulting in important information in the RP being kind of lost, at least in my experience.
Well, RJITU is kind of a freeform type of thing, so unless I'm missing some detail of freeform that you're talking about then I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for.
you'd need to go back and forth between messages
Also, what do you mean by this part specifically? Are you just referring to how multiple people may be posting about different things at the same time, or something else?

Also, I'm not sure where I saw it, but I remember seeing something that said the character limit for normal posts is around 400000, but you'd have to ask someone else for a more exact number.

I for some reason think a roleplay where omnipotent gods just talk to each other would be interesting. (Maybe they have their own universes that they can control, but they can't control beyond that)

I for some reason think a roleplay where omnipotent gods just talk to each other would be interesting. (Maybe they have their own universes that they can control, but they can't control beyond that)
Source: Chatting in OOC thread. Because we're the 'omnipotent gods' controlling their own 'universes' and 'followers'.

So, how much interest would there be for a dragons only RP? And if it were to be created, should it, or should it not be based off of Wings of Fire? (And when I say that, I'm not really talking about the plot, I'm more talking about the species and world in general. Maybe it could be on another continent or something.)

So, how much interest would there be for a dragons only RP? And if it were to be created, should it, or should it not be based off of Wings of Fire? (And when I say that, I'm not really talking about the plot, I'm more talking about the species and world in general. Maybe it could be on another continent or something.)
My answer is yes.

Already one

Back
Top Bottom