What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I be able to update my server payed for through a website to 1.4 on release? Have 8 friends that will be playing together

So with all of these changes there is bound to be at least some bugs on release. If the bugfixes are uploaded after I create a new world, do I have to create another world for them to apply?

So the ML can now shoot his lasers through solids?
Oof that's gonna be a painful Master Mode run.

Can't wait!

PS: On a side note i hope at least the liquid duplication glitch remains "unfixed" in 1.4 and deemed a "feature"
Otherwise i'm gonna really miss my elaborate liquid generation / mixing facilities :(

Honestly, there are few things in this world that never fail to fill me with an enthusiasm and jubilee that are beyond words. 1.3 did it for me, then Sonic Mania (and plus), and now the final update to what could genuinely be considered the greatest game of the last 9 years in terms of quality, great developers and moderators, fan service, and radiant polish. Truly, it IS the game of the decade. A game made by true gamers for true gamers. Thank you Re-logic, Thank you

Honestly, there are few things in this world that never fail to fill me with an enthusiasm and jubilee that are beyond words. 1.3 did it for me, then Sonic Mania (and plus), and now the final update to what could genuinely be considered the greatest game of the last 9 years in terms of quality, great developers and moderators, fan service, and radiant polish. Truly, it IS the game of the decade. A game made by true gamers for true gamers. Thank you Re-logic, Thank you
Said what I was thinking but better than I could have phrased it x.x

Seeing this game get a thorough polish and balance update makes me SO incredibly happy. Ensuring every enemy encounter and piece of equipment interesting and worthwhile makes is so valuable when so much content already exists, and visual updates is a fantastic way to the game look as fresh as it feels. I adore the dedication and effort required to pore through a game of this scope and reimagine each aspect that has been gathering dust; that passion and care for making a game this big the best it can conceivably be is so profoundly cool... I'm legitimately struggling to express how much respect I have for the people who have been working to achieve this vision.

I put thousands of hours into this over the course of multiple years into this game before tapering off. This update makes me excited to dive back in and experience the game as fully as I can again.

Only recently started playing the game after getting it around release its crazy how much has been done in the time passed nice job peoples <3

Curiously...

WAND OF SPARKING

The Wand of Sparking has been a bone of contention for some time in regards to feeling underpowered - no longer!
Damage increased from 8 to 14
Speed increased from 28 to 26
Now has a 10% critical chance
Chance to inflict On Fire! increased from 33% to 50%

The speed increase seems to be a bit of a decrease. Is this meant to be?

Curiously...

WAND OF SPARKING

The Wand of Sparking has been a bone of contention for some time in regards to feeling underpowered - no longer!

The speed increase seems to be a bit of a decrease. Is this meant to be?
The speed shown is the cooldown before it can be used again, the lower it is, the faster it is.

Ну неплохо!
View attachment 268825

ТО, ЧТО БЫЛО СТАРЫМ, СНОВА СТАНОВИТСЯ НОВЫМ-ВОЗВРАЩАЯСЬ К ОПЫТУ TERRARIA

Счастливого понедельника, Земляне и добро пожаловать в новую неделю на дороге к концу путешествия!

Чтобы начать неделю в стиле, Мы хотели поделиться одним из наиболее впечатляющих - но часто недооцененных - аспектов конца путешествия. Помимо всего этого блестящего нового контента и функций, команда провела бесчисленные часы, давая всю игру тщательный обзор по всему спектру баланса и эстетики. Правда заключается в том, что со временем, когда обновления были выпущены, некоторые материалы чувствовали себя "оставленными", несбалансированными или они больше не чувствовали себя достаточно "правильными". Итак, мы взяли на себя трудную задачу дать этим вещам преображение. Сегодняшняя статья о конце путешествия затрагивает поверхность этих усилий-читайте дальше, чтобы узнать больше!

index.php

ПОЛНАЯ ПЕРЕБАЛАНСИРОВКА ПРОХОДИТЕ ПО ВРАГАМ И ПРЕДМЕТАМ

В рамках завершения путешествия команда изучила и повторно изучила баланс содержания в игре. От начала и до конца ни один камень не остался неперевернутым, и ни одно снаряжение не осталось неучтенным. В конце концов, то, что остается-это полная перебалансировка игры сверху вниз. Изменилась статистика, изменился функционал. Нет лучшего времени, чтобы начать новое прохождение и испытать новую Террарию в первый раз! Хотите еще несколько примеров? Ну конечно же!

ВРАГ И БОСС ПЕРЕБАЛАНСИРОВКА

View attachment 268978
Наш друг Голем приготовил для вас несколько новых сюрпризов

View attachment 268979
King Slime has learned how to climb ropes

View attachment 268857
The Moon Lord laughs at your pathetic attempts to defeat him by hiding inside boxes

index.php

WEAPON & ARMOR CHANGES

Weapons/Armor and other gear were also closely examined. Beyond stats, some situations in the game required more than just stat changes to make things feel right again. So, you will see some weapons and weapon classes that have all new functionality. Let's have a look, shall we?

View attachment 268975
SHORTSWORDS
No longer content to exist solely on the X-Axis, your favorite stabby weapons are now able to poke at foes in all directions!

index.php

View attachment 269419
FLAILS
Flails felt left behind by the introduction of Yoyos, so they have all new functionality to restore their status as useful weapons

index.php

View attachment 269021

CHARGED BLASTER CANNON
Yesterday's throwaway weapon from the Martian Madness Event (What? Don't look at us like that, don't act like you ever used the thing!) is today's death-dealing space laser of doooooom!

index.php

View attachment 268976
CHRISTMAS TREE SWORD
Our festive friend here always felt very underwhelming when lined up next to its fellow Frost Moon drops... so now it can channel its inner Everscream.

index.php

View attachment 269016
MEDUSA HEAD
Medusa's Head felt underwhelming for when you were able to obtain this in the core progression. So, this has been reworked to have a quite unique attack style.

index.php

View attachment 269017
WAND OF SPARKING

index.php

View attachment 268980
MAGIC MISSILE
Magic Missile has been overhauled to be more lethal and fun to use than ever before!
Projectile is faster and has homing if you release it
Has a moderate AoE damage explosion on impact

index.php

View attachment 268858
HALLOWED ARMOR
New Set Bonus: Holy Protection

Familiar to most users as Shadow Dodge, Hallowed has had its previously stat-based set bonus replaced with a periodic immunity to damage.
Upon attacking an enemy, you will gain a buff. If an enemy hits you during this buff, you will gain a very brief immunity to damage.
After this period of immunity, at least 30 seconds must pass before you can re-activate the immunity buff.

index.php

View attachment 268859
TITANIUM ARMOR
New Set Bonus: Titanium Barrier

As you attack enemies, titanium shards accumulate and spin around you
These shards deal damage to enemies at close range, and inflict knockback.
Use them defensively to keep enemies away, or for the bold, aggressively to inflict extra damage.

index.php

View attachment 269420
STARDUST ARMOR
Stardust Guardian now has a more much vigorous and aggressive attack, and he will attack automatically without prompting. All resemblance to a certain anime is purely coincidental.

index.php

View attachment 268981
SOLAR ARMOR
Solar Armor is no longer content to sit at the back of the line, so it's set bonus now grants more defense than ever before... along with a passive regen effect.
Solar Helmet critical chance bonus increased from 17% to 26%
Solar Breastplate melee damage bonus increased from 22% to 29%
Each piece of the set now gives 1 HP/s regen
Instead of 30% damage reduction whenever you have charges, part of Solar Armor's damage reduction is now active at all times, with the amount increasing when you have shield charges. This gives Solar Armor a more persistent durability.
Recharge time between shield charges reduced by 1 second

index.php

GRAPHICS OVERHAUL

As with our balance and mechanics review, the team has put a fresh coat of paint on a number of things in Terraria. Biomes, Furniture Sets, even some Enemies have been given the makeover treatment! Heck, we even spruced up the logo...

Check out some of the eye candy magic that our artists have been creating in the series of before and after gifs below!

Please note that this work is still ongoing, so anything you see here is still subject to change!!!

View attachment 269442
Crowno

index.php

View attachment 269444
Lazure
index.php

View attachment 269413

View attachment 269044
Jimmarn

index.php

Мы надеемся, что сегодняшняя функция действительно показывает, как конец путешествия не только о новых вещах, но и о старых вещах, сделанных снова новыми. По всей прогрессии игры, есть новые сюрпризы в магазине для игроков-еще раз, мы действительно рекомендуем свежий прохождение игры, чтобы испытать все это!

У нас есть больше возможностей в магазине для вас, как мы приближаемся все ближе к дню запуска - так что не забудьте держать ваши глаза очищенными для большего!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom