What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping with these graphic changes I can finally play multiplayer again with my friends! Course knowing my luck I wont even be able to load the game anymore.

This... Oh, how I am looking forward to this! Especially the flail revamp, I remember fondly how much I used the ball o' hurt in my first ever playthrough, lasted all the way to the then-endgame. Even just yesterday, I was excited to see it in the melee playthrough I started recently, and it will be useful in Journey's End? Awesome!

As a mage main, that Magic Missile makes me very excited.

EDIT: Also, I REALLY hope that the dirt in the new logo represents an actual dirt resprite in-game. Current dirt does not look good, and is found everywhere.

Last edited:
The new Medusa Head looks like the one from the old and good Herc's Adventure (only the og will remember)

Literally every time I see one of these announcements, I think "This is the last one, right? They can't possibly make this better."

And yet, you guys (and girls) always surprise me, by making every aspect 5x better than I expected. A massive kudos to everyone working on the update.

The dash in release is not active if you have no shield charges. While this does not add always-active dash, it does increase the dash uptime by reducing the cooldown time between shield charges. May not be the answer you are looking for, but it should be slightly improved from release in that regard.

Honestly I feel like making it permanent would've been an easier buff than increasing the stats and adding regen, but then again I'm not the one being paid to balance the game so you most likely know better than I do. The set is no longer worse than the previous melee armor and that's more than good enough for me.

Last edited:
I love the new sprites for enemies, specially the harpies, now they look like actual harpies instead of big heads with wings, pretty awesome

is the stardust guardian saitama from one punch man
Starbrovsbonelee.gif

All of these changes look amazing, I'm super excited to try out those flail changes and also can't wait to see what the Golem now has in store for us. I have a huge concern tho when it comes to the cobalt, mythril and adamantite armors since you didn't say anything about them in this post, I really hope they well be getting some upgrades that make them just has good has their counter parts palladium, orichalcum and titanium because right now when you break those first 3 altars in hardmode and see you had the unfortunate luck of getting all 3 of the original ores its quite the let down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom