What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA, Summoner Class!! orayt
Just an idea, the developers should put descriptions words or sentences . on their dev set (each piece) in game or any item that they have fond of, that serves as a last message for us terrarians :)) just an idea :>>

I was really hoping to get an update of the right click on at least the swords as they did with the Dungeon Defenders thing weapons that you can use the right click to do a secondary function.

I know is hard to do it with all of the weapons but maybe just swords to defend and take less damage while right clicking could’ve been great.

Even though the new update looks awesome!

Dang I'm super excited about that Hallowed armor has a much more suitable set bonus!
The new dungeon skeletons are amazing, the work you put into this game is just amazing, andyou deserve all the positive feedback you are getting!
Keep up the good work! :D

I'm just a bit sad that Moon Lord won't be beatable with random starter weapons :( . He won't be a pushover anymore that's for sure!

That Solar armor buff won't mean much if Valhalla still gives 8hp/s life regen.. hopefully that has been dealt with...

I'm loving that Stardust Guardian update, it looks like it has the impact and soul it was always meant to have.
Super happy to see flails getting attention, always wanted to put flails to more use but they were just always over shadowed.
And short swords getting a huge buff finally, that's the high point of this announcement for me. :dryadtongue:

"the team has spent countless hours giving the entire game a thorough review across the spectrum of Balance and Aesthetics." Ever since the 1.3.6 (later rebranded 1.4) update was confirmed to be in the works, I was hoping y'all would take a crack at rebalancing many of the item sets eventually, but I never let my hopes get too high. This turned out to be a pleasant surprise.

All too often, companies take months (even before covid), or even years to release something like an update to an existing product, only to have surprisingly little to show for all that time. I'm glad to see that re-logic isn't one such group of developers, that this update defied that common gaming industry trend, & that Terraria's next update turned out to be worth the extensive wait.

I see a lot of good changes. I honestly say that the expert mod is too complicated for me (At least it was. I tried to go through it 4 years ago. Since then I have played Dark Souls 2 and something else. Maybe I will try again.)

However, I have never used a box against Moon Lord. I fly in a UFO and use a rod of discord if I have one. But this is just the ordinary Moon Lord, not an expert.

I see a lot of good changes. I honestly say that the expert mod is too complicated for me (At least it was. I tried to go through it 4 years ago. Since then I have played Dark Souls 2 and something else. Maybe I will try again.)

However, I have never used a box against Moon Lord. I fly in a UFO and use a rod of discord if I have one. But this is just the ordinary Moon Lord, not an expert.
A good box with a nurse and a stardust dragon completely invalidated the moonlord's existence even on expert, so I can see why the change was made.

my fear is if they extend this mechanic change to the UFO in the martian invasion since using the box strat is the only way to reliably farm it.

seeing that the devs are reworking some old weapons, why not rework the breaker blade? it sees hardly little use as it is outperformed by even preHM swords

Beautiful sprites, flails that are actually useful and some really appealing changes to armor effects. I especially like Stardust's new attack pattern. Guréto desu yo.

While I really love most of the things being added, I feel like the Moonlord change is completely unnecessary.
Using platforms or game mechanics to prevent attacks and encouraging the same systems it's what should be an incentive, and not nerfed. And it's not like the Golem where the boss couldn't do anything if you were high enough, adding other triggers like more Eyeball monsters that you have to kill and that have attacks that went thought walls would be a good example - Moonlord himself does that - you would still be rewarded for building a decent arena, and wouldn't be able to AFK kill it, now feels like it doesn't even matter.

I'm fine with removing cheesy strats that are non-interactive(like the Golem one), but removing blocks from blocking the ray damage doesn't seem the way to go and will just make people do more more minecart killing and forcing them to farm rod of discord, which are no different from putting 2x4 blocks in your arena to prevent the attack.

Boy time sure is fast I hope we can see moon lord legs when time comes on 1.4 it will be awesome. ;)

11 Days life, hopefully we can see more before 1.4 comes I can't wait! 😁

Keep up the Epic work Terraria Workers! <3

I can't express my feelings enough. I've been playing this game since its super early versions.
I've been sharing this game with those who were important to me in past.
I never spent so much time in any other game as in Terraria (I can never joy other games enough because Terraria is a super solid experience.)

Haven't touch it in a while though (because of waiting for this huge update too)...
...but now I think that it's time to double my total time that's already literally thousands of hours I believe.

This new update is basically Terraria 2 to me. I can't thank you enough for this.

While I really love most of the things being added, I feel like the Moonlord change is completely unnecessary.
Using platforms or game mechanics to prevent attacks and encouraging the same systems it's what should be an incentive, and not nerfed. And it's not like the Golem where the boss couldn't do anything if you were high enough, adding other triggers like more Eyeball monsters that you have to kill and that have attacks that went thought walls would be a good example - Moonlord himself does that - you would still be rewarded for building a decent arena, and wouldn't be able to AFK kill it, now feels like it doesn't even matter.

I'm fine with removing cheesy strats that are non-interactive(like the Golem one), but removing blocks from blocking the ray damage doesn't seem the way to go and will just make people do more more minecart killing and forcing them to farm rod of discord, which are no different from putting 2x4 blocks in your arena to prevent the attack.
Moon lord laser is WAY easier to avoid than you're making it out to be. I didn't realize how many people relied totally on cheesy strats and gimmick arenas to beat moon lord before now, tbh. Look more closely at the picture as well. The beam is obviously stopped by the luminite ore. Just kill it once normally (which isn't as hard as people are making it out to be) and build a box out of the ore you get.

Look how they overhauled! It’s truly amazing to see how much love and care Re-Logic puts into there games. I wonder if we’ll have the choice to flip between the old and new textures. Can’t wait to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom