What was Old is Made New Again: Revisting the Terraria Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's awesome:joy::joy:

Attachments

• Starbrovsbonelee.gif
    Starbrovsbonelee.gif
    833.4 KB · Views: 151
I'm loving these changes, especially how flails and shortswords will actually be viable weapons now rather than things that only exist for parity. Also, those new sprites are looking slick.

Anyway, seeing as how the hallowed armor's bonus was changed, will there be any changes to the original three hardmode ores (cobalt, mythril, adamantite)? They feel boring compared to their counterparts that have unique effects rather than stat bonuses, and I'm always disappointed when I see that two or more of the three hardmode ores generated in my world are cobalt/mythril/adamantite.

Anyway, seeing as how the hallowed armor's bonus was changed, will there be any changes to the original three hardmode ores (cobalt, mythril, adamantite)? They feel boring compared to their counterparts that have unique effects rather than stat bonuses, and I'm always disappointed when I see that two or more of the three hardmode ores generated in my world are cobalt/mythril/adamantite.
This is my thing too. The prehardmode alternate ores were balanced much better in a way that they're only SLIGHTLY better than the armor they replace. (bar the platinum pick being a level higher than the gold). The old Hardmode ores just feel totally boring compared to the alternate ores, and not only that, but totally rendered practically useless by them as well. They either need abilities of their own, to be brought closer to parity, or a little of both.

I have always felt hallowed to be underwhelming, I'm glad to see it reworked!

Also, am I the only one who is mildly bothered by the queen bee having only two wings instead of normal four?
Still love the overall rework to give everything more vitality.

That new golem looks pretty intimidating...

wait? Is that a daffodil respite? (on the Medusa example)

also, exalibur currently does 57 damage base, the mimic has 30 defense, yet we can clearly see that a non crit hit does 70, 67, 67, 68 damage (an average of 68)! Taking into account that the hollowed set the player is wearing will grant 17% extra melee damage, that would approximately be 67 damage, however this would be only true to an enemy with no defense and the mimic has 30! That would mean either the hollowed armor has some new damage buff or the mimic was nerfed or the exalibur was buffed. (Maybe all of them?)

am I overthinking this?

Last edited:
1.4 HYPEE!!! ive been playing this game for a long time and its so amazing seeing it look like this!

also, can we change spiders because i have arachnophobia and that makes me really hate the crimson/post mech jungle. like maybe an option to retuxture them or something idk

Last edited:
also, exalibur currently does 57 damage base, the mimic has 30 defense, yet we can clearly see that a non crit hit does 70, 67, 67, 68 damage (an average of 68)! Taking into account that the hollowed set the player is wearing will grant 17% extra melee damage, that would approximately be 67 damage, however this would be only true to an enemy with no defense and the mimic has 30! That would mean either the hollowed armor has some new damage buff or the mimic was nerfed or the exalibur was buffed. (Maybe all of them?)

am I overthinking this?
Nope. I think some actual data in this is real refreshing.

I seriously feel like that the solar armour is becoming to overpowered..... i'm not complaining, I'm just saying it's going to be a lot harder to die when journey's end comes out......

One of the spoilers was there was nearly 1000 new items.

They've only shown a fraction of their power.

I wasn't on these forums back when 1.3 launched for PC, so I have to ask: Did they do the same type of thing with 1.3? What major features were omitted from spoilers?

Hey Re-Logic, if you are still looking for a name for the "Final Sword" then I have a few names to recommend you.

Dawn (might be a spin off to the large abundance of moon related weapons)
Anniversary (Journey's End is coming out on Terraria's Anniversary)
The Forbidden Blade (Just a sword)
The Coup de Grâce (Pronounced cou-de-gra Is french for a mercy killing, or the final slice to put a wounded person out of their misery, but we don't care about Moon Lord's misery, we just want him dead.

Just a few names that might be cool. Thank you! :D

I wasn't on these forums back when 1.3 launched for PC, so I have to ask: Did they do the same type of thing with 1.3? What major features were omitted from spoilers?
Can;'t help on that, only version I have is on Mobile, and I pretty much know everything that was coming months before, minus the new UI. I expect the same happened though. The bigger the update, the more spoilers, because there is so much more to be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom