What Would Ruin Terraria for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohir_Santagron

Spazmatism
Obviously there will be a plethora of additions in 1.3, as well as some changes and revisions. We don't know just what they might decide to change though. I'm highly doubtful the devs will mess up anything, since the 1.2 update did nothing but spray rainbow, cookie-dough joyfullness all around, but in your opinion, what would ruin the game for you, either in this or future updates?

One for me would be a reworking of the modifier system on weapons and accessories. Some don't really like it, but I love the risk and variety. They can add more if they want, but a streamlining or reworking would probably put me off.

Two gems from Minecraft.

No, I don't mean these.
Grid_Diamond.png
Grid_Emerald.png

I mean the hunger and durability systems. The sad thing is that those used to appear in the suggestion forums on TO, and I always considered them a form of attempted sabotage.

Hmmm let's see...

-- A Third Evil
-- Another moon bases invasion(like the Frost/pumpkin moons, i trust relogic to make the lunar event different)
-- More minecraft references, I like both games just dont mix them :p
-- Not getting any more mage/summoner weapons in 1.3
-- An alternate dungeon.
-- Alternate pre-hardmode boss(excluding the BoC and EoW)

It would take a lot to ruin this game for me. The game would almost have to do a complete 180 and throw out everything that makes it what it is (which would be a pointless thing to do anyway).

One thing I do get slightly annoyed at is the introduction of better weapons, armor, etc that can be accessed early; thus removing the benefits of some older items in the game. I think the concept of having alternate versions is nice (like ores), but creating 3-4 alternates or just adding more items in without altering tends to really degrade the relevance and splendor of what is already in the game.

Paid DLC.
And this concept (and lack of it in Terraria) is exactly why I like Re-Logic and hate EA. :happy:

Oh, I'm not really sure, honestly...But it probably would be removing the crafting menu from the Guide. I'll still play, of course, but removing that wouldn't help. I can't be bothered to close down the game and get on the wiki to see how to craft a potion. If the Guide's nearby, boom, what do I make with this? And the Guide's pretty much always nearby when I'm crafting.

Any new biome variant would make me very annoyed at the game, as I already hate how much OPer the crimson is than the corruption. And paid DLC, or even unpaid DLC, because that will eventually lead to paid DLC. I hope Re-Logic aren't sad enough to go down that path though.

I doubt there's much stuff that can RUIN Terraria for me right now. Maybe increasing grind levels even more (even when plantera becomes a pushover it's very annoying to farm bosses for rare drops, especially for trophies). Or adding more time-limited events (I hate racing against the clock). It already feels a bit unpleasant to have to create several worlds in order to get everything (all those alternating metals/dungeon stuff/loot from chests), so I really hope no new content will make me create much more 1.3 worlds than I expect to.
Oh, got one real pet peeve of mine. Lots and lots of freaking crafting stations. We have those for themed furniture already (and they must be found in chests, diluting a loot pool of them even more), even more themed crafting stations will really rustle my jimmies in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom